Need advice

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jwalling00

Need advice

Post by jwalling00 »

I have a 96' Miata with stock rims. I have an opportunity to purchase a set of Kosei K1-TS 15x7 for my car for $200. They have been well taken care of and been dedicated track day tires for the previous owner. I do not really do track days so if I get these they will replace my stock 14" rims. My question for you is, are these good street rims (wondering about things like durability)?

Also I noticed a complete lack of Kosei rims on your page. What happened?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Need advice

Post by Brian »

jwalling00 wrote:I have a 96' Miata with stock rims. I have an opportunity to purchase a set of Kosei K1-TS 15x7 for my car for $200. They have been well taken care of and been dedicated track day tires for the previous owner. I do not really do track days so if I get these they will replace my stock 14" rims. My question for you is, are these good street rims (wondering about things like durability)?

Also I noticed a complete lack of Kosei rims on your page. What happened?

Those are good rims. They are not as strong as choices such as our Enkei RP-F1 but for the cost of just $50 a rim used that is a very good bargain. We don't carry them currently because we sold out...that's it. Those are a cast rim, shot peened to add some strength. Folks have been known to break them in rough road conditions but all wheels can be busted and these kosei hold up reasonably well in our experience for a cast wheel. For that price I would grab them!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jwalling00

Post by jwalling00 »

Does the fact that they have a set of shaved RA1's on them with just one track day make it a better deal ;)

(i didn't mention the tires since I am not getting the rims for the tires, but how well do used track tires sell. Not sure if i should just drive until i need new tires, or try to get different tires and sell these.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Used track tires are rather like used tissue paper...if you don't know the age and actual use consider them just trash.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jwalling00

Post by jwalling00 »

Do i need special lug nuts for these wheels?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Those usually ship with a heavy duty extended length lug. Any extended length lug will be fine such as our McGards or other spline lugs.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com