Ohlins DFV's in the States??

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NCEC670CS

Ohlins DFV's in the States??

Post by NCEC670CS »

Can anyone find the Ohlins DFV's for the NC in america yet?? I know someone on this forum got a set in japan, is a hook-me-up with a set possible?? Just curious because i went for a ride in my friends evo equipped with ohlins DFV's around an autox track, and the ride was amazing!! Im going back and fourth between KW variant 3's and Ohlins DFV's... if i can get them
autox jabooya
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Try search in miata.net, there is one distributor in North America. Retail for Ohlins DFV is around $2400.

I am the one who got a set from Japan but it is "one time only" special deal from the wholesale in Japan sold to me at cost. It is possible for me to get more from Japan but it will no longer at cost for sure. I did try to gather more interested but seem like less than handfull of people willing to pay the $ for Ohlins quality. So I gave up.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We installed our first set and have two more available. Should have them up in our store today, with directions for install posted soon.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Any feed back / direct comparison between JIC and Ohlins DFV?

I’ve driven JIC and Ohlins PCV on Honda before and Ohlins PCV was much better than JIC. Not sure how it work out on NC chassis.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Ride quality is very good on the JIC considering the spring rates of 6/5 yet even slightly better with the Ohlins at 7/4 but part of that may be the lower rear rate of the Ohlins which is the spring much closer to your backside. The Ohlins are also slightly lighter weight. Install was the same exactly and I have combined the install directions with some pictures here:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... .php?t=659

Got them installed Saturday...did a quick corner balance and alignment and autocrossed the car on Sunday. Took the class by nearly three seconds and set a top time of day that held for quite a while. Very pleased.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Sound good.

Looking forward for more detail comparison from you because you are the only one I know who actually race the two setup.

I have yet to race my car on track with Ohlins. Only autoX once and post the best street tires time, and 11th overall of the day. Very please with it as well. Hopefully my budget will allow me to track once, or even twice this year. After all, racing and wedding preparation can hardly co-exist in terms of $.