SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
na5tynat3

Re: SEMA SHOW....NC COSWORTH SUPERCHARGER COMPLETE!

Post by na5tynat3 »

Any update on these brian? Figured I'd wait a month to ask. Do you think they will have any help with an NA car. The three inch intake alone had a 6hp gain over the 2.75 from moto east. So I'm hoping this will help
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got our proper 3 inch intake ready to test with it about a week ago, still need to hog out the supercharger intake manifold to cleanly mate with the big TB and then back to the dyno. Hopefully get to it soon, just a lot of projects currently and it is our busy season here.

Without testing I cannot say if it would help the NA application, but my guess is that needs to be high compression built 2.5 motor before this big TB starts to get relevant.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
trickytrev

Post by trickytrev »

Any news yet Brian about to start more mods on my donk out here in Oz
Ryan @ GWR

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

RDid some test/tuning at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway this past weekend. Here's the NC Rocketing down the front straight. Photos courtesy of Anthony Porta.
GWR_NC_1 creditAnthonyPorta.jpg
GWR_NC_2 creditAnthonyPorta.jpg
Ryan @ GWR

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

NC_CVR-3.jpg
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

Any updates on CARB approval?
2014 Club | OEM hardtop | GWR HH mid, FM muffler | ZetaCRD | Wilwood LBBK | Blackbird Fabworx GT3 roll bar | TRMotorsports FF10s
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

DanielS172 wrote:Any updates on CARB approval?
I understand that Flying Miata is close on CARB approval. But it will require you run their version of the kit (less boost) and their fixed tune (less power).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

That's funny. The reason I asked is because I just found out that FM was close, and figured that meant you guys would be too. Are you not pursuing CARB certification?
2014 Club | OEM hardtop | GWR HH mid, FM muffler | ZetaCRD | Wilwood LBBK | Blackbird Fabworx GT3 roll bar | TRMotorsports FF10s
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

DanielS172 wrote:That's funny. The reason I asked is because I just found out that FM was close, and figured that meant you guys would be too. Are you not pursuing CARB certification?
Yep..once they announced they had made it to passing the CARB tests, they won this battle. Not much point in us spending many thousands more to duplicate their efforts and split a market that is shrinking away fast with NC long out of production.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

That makes sense. Sad, but I guess that's how it goes.

Well, 2.5 swap I guess! 8)