Alignment

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Alignment

Post by Brian »

Hmm, so he is saying 1.9 was LOWEST amount of camber he could get at the rear? That does surprise me a little, but not a lot. That's not an extreme amount of camber for car this light, if rear toe is set zero or very slightly negative that should be okay on tire wear, particularly if you rotate your tires every 6 months.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JimH771

Post by JimH771 »

Yes, 1.9 was the lowest. Well, thanks Brian, makes me feel better that it is semi normal. With me in the car and a full tank of gas has an effect too I geuss. He knows Miata's from what I hear (and he thought your recommended street specs were great) so I'm fairly comfortable that is how things were.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate all you do for the Miata community!

Jim
RBNetEngr

Post by RBNetEngr »

Brian wrote:Alignment depends much on what you do with the car. Assuming no autocross or track use, for pure street driving our usual suggestion looks like this for those springs and shocks:

Front Camber -1.2
Toe IN 1/32nd per side (some shops call this 1/16th 'total' toe in).
Caster 6

Rear Camber -1.2
Toe IN 1/32nd per side
I recently installed the MeisterR CRD coilovers on my 2008 GT PHRT, with ride height set for 13.25"F/13.50"R. I will be installing Enkei FP01s (17x8", 50mm offset) with a set of Yokohama ADVAN Fleva tires, 235/40R17, and will be getting the car aligned with that setup.

Given that I am setting it up for street/daily driving, would your alignment recommendations (above) also apply for this setup, or should anything be changed?

Thank you,

-rb
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, if just street use that's a safe alignment.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com