ND1 - Stiffest Spring Appropriate for Club Bilsteins

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
DanQ717

ND1 - Stiffest Spring Appropriate for Club Bilsteins

Post by DanQ717 »

On track the other weekend I finally hit the point where I’m frustrated enough with the car’s floppy factory setup to actually do something about it. I already have a set of the Progress sways ready to go on the car, but I wanted to pair them with some stiffer springs as well.

I’ve seen quite a lot of people worried about maintaining nice street manners with their spring choice, but I want to go in exactly the opposite direction. What is the most aggressive spring I can run on the factory Bilsteins? The Progress springs certainly seem to be a very popular choice, but would the Swift Spec-Rs be a better choice for a non-daily driver that does more track days than street driving?

The car is a 2017, which I read has more damping from the factory then the 2018+, not sure if it is enough of a difference to be relevant.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: ND1 - Stiffest Spring Appropriate for Club Bilsteins

Post by Brian »

That's easy and the answer is on the site.....see RoadsterSport spring product description. Swift is not bad at all, but still less rate (SLOWER) than RoadsterSport Springs that are 300 lb/ft front and 200 rear.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanQ717

Re: ND1 - Stiffest Spring Appropriate for Club Bilsteins

Post by DanQ717 »

Thanks! Somehow I completely overlooked those, seems like pairing them with the performance bump stops should get me exactly what I’m looking for!