15x7 with 30 offset on a NB

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
stevenwoerner

15x7 with 30 offset on a NB

Post by stevenwoerner »

I see that the Spec Miata guys are running a 30mm offset with a 205 tire but it looks a little close on the NA cars. I want to run a 15x7 with a 30mm offset and a 225/45-15 on a 99. Will this fit without rubbing? I really don't want to trim or roll my fenders. My other option is the 35mm offset which is also available from Good-Win. Note: The car is lowered about 1".

Steve
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Steve,

Here is the deal on fitting 225s.

At 40mm offset the fit is easy...even if you drop the car 2 inches and more

At 35mm offset things are getting tighter but you are good about 1.5 inches below stock.

At 30mm and one inch things are even tighter and you may have occassional rub if you don't roll the lips.

Nonetheless, take a look in the wheel picture gallery and you will see a fellow with an MSM and 15x7 with 225/50/15s at 30mm offset....tight fit. In the picture look at the rear to see how it is really right out there with the fender lips...such that on a lowered car you will likely need to roll the lips, depending on the brand of tire. Link below.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... c.php?t=26
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com

Post by Guest »

Thanks Brian. I think I'll stick with the 35mm offset and roll the fenders if needed.

Steve