Goodwin Mid-Pipe

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.

Goodwin Mid-Pipe

Post by Guest »

Brian,

I just saw your announcement on miata.net. Looks like a very nice piece. Do you happen to have any dyno results with and without the mid pipe and how much louder is it compared to stock?

I would also like ot know if this would fit on a car with an RB muffler and header.

Thanks

Jeff
Brian Goodwin

Mid Pipe...

Post by Brian Goodwin »

Hi Jeff,

Sorry, no dyno charts for that yet...

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet »

As Jeff ask....
I would also like ot know if this would fit on a Miata with an RB muffler and header.

Thanks
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Beware_of_Dawg/obi12.gif[/img]
Brian Goodwin

Midpipe

Post by Brian Goodwin »

It is a direct replacement for the factory midpipe. Therefore it fits with anything that bolted up to the factory midpipe.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SafetyFast

Post by SafetyFast »

Gee, now there's a mid-pipe to match the look of the RoadsterSport! That's gonna be tough to resist.

Geoff
CRV HUGR

Post by CRV HUGR »

Brian,
It looks like I need to replace the Cat. on my 99 10AE (only 30k). 2 mazda dealers in Indy have told me that since I have RB duals, header, and forced air my emissions warranty is void. I am considering installing the new mid pipe but don't want the car to sound much louder than it already does. Also, if in the future I need to replace the Cat. again would I have to replace the entire mid pipe? Will I need to lengthen/shorten the wires to the rear 02 sensor? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
Don
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our midpipe actually has TWO O2 connections, one in the stock location and one at the cat itself. I did this for the turbo guys running extra sensors, etc. Indeed, if you killed the cat in this one the only fix would be to have it cut out and another welded in...pretty easy for a muffler shop to do but easier still to fix that air/fuel ratio on your forced induction setup so it does not happen again.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
da_blue

Post by da_blue »

Hi Brian,

Just bringing back this thead to the top...

Any dyno results yet for a NA and supercharged car ?

On much noisier is it an an NA car compared to the stock pipe ? My 2000 has the original RoadsterSport exhaust and RB 4-2-1 header.

THanks !

Yanick
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I don't have copy of the dyno's here but saw several posted in the BR Performance forum for both supercharged and turbo cars.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
raceskier

Post by raceskier »

Brian,
I haven't been checking your site lately. This looks like a great product. A question. Since this uses a Mazda cat, is it CARB legal?
Thanks
Ken