JIC Questions

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.

JIC Questions

Post by Guest »

Brian... what happened to the price??

Also what spring rates would you reccomend for neutral handling with:

Stock 99-00 sports package sways?
Racing beat 99-00 tubular front and rear sways?

Thanks,

Mike
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

End of year and two things happened....JIC ran out of inventory...and raised the price. That may change in the new year...

Big part of the equation missing here is height...10/8 combo will be real neutral with stock bars at stock and near stock height but oversteer a great deal if lowered 2 inches. So, assuming lowering two inches then the Racing Beat front sway and stock sports package rear should work fine (I ran the same).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com

Post by Guest »

Ok...

Here's my intended use. My miata is my everyday driver with the occasional trackday for fun in the unlimited passing groups. I would also like to do the occasional autocross, but more for fun as well.

So what would you reccomend for spring rates, ride height and sways (of any combo of stock sports package and racing beat). Obviously this is my daily driver, and I'd rather not scrape speed bumps and the like.

I was origanally thinking 10/7 with near stock - 1 inch drop ride heights.

So the price may go down again? :)

Mike
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I think 10/7 would be a fine choice for your intended use. I expect price may dip again in the new year once stock is plentiful again...we shall see.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
asianrice02

Post by asianrice02 »

what is the ride height that ur tracked miata runs w/ jics? bottom out on speed bumps?
'99 emerald mica
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Bottom out? Never.

The whole idea behind the JIC design is MORE travel than stock on 90-05 Miatas. The tall bell housing mount in the rear is the key...Mazda uses this same design element in the Rx8 and the new 2006 Miata to give much MUCH more travel than was available stock in the 90-05 cars. On our 2006 this feature is retained and with the adjustable length shock you set the length shorter rather than sacrifice travel. See the JIC discussions here in other threads for lots more on this.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com