NC Light

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Panic.button

Re: NC Light

Post by Panic.button »

That looks great! I like seeing fresh paint..

Are my eyes playing tricks with me or am i seeing exhaust pipes coming from infront of the rear wheels?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Panic.button wrote:That looks great! I like seeing fresh paint..

Are my eyes playing tricks with me or am i seeing exhaust pipes coming from infront of the rear wheels?
Yes, better pics in daylight tomorrow will show it better. Made two exhausts for it...both SIDE exit. Made one for autocross use that uses a large and chambered 30 x6 inch side mount muffler....and this is the track unit which is 24x4 (both are 3 inch core). I don't think we will be near the 104db limit for the Laguna event this weekend but bringing both exhausts just in case (takes only about five minutes to change them). The side exhaust is very useful for balancing my weight in the driver's seat. With the track exhaust and even heights (no corner balance), these side exhausts give us near perfect front weight distribution.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Panic.button

Post by Panic.button »

I love it! Can't wait for the pictures. You really put a lot of effort into this project..

Since you're going for weight reduction, have you considered carbon fiber?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Panic.button wrote:I love it! Can't wait for the pictures. You really put a lot of effort into this project..

Since you're going for weight reduction, have you considered carbon fiber?

Oh yeah, considered Carbon Fiber a LOT! Look again at picture. Notice you see hood pins? Notice you don't see the cut line to actually raise the hood? The entire front is carbon fiber....lifts straight up as one piece. The doors are one-piece carbon fiber too. The dash is also carbon fiber. That's the only way we got this down to the 2000 weight range (factory doors with glass and electrics are about 40 pounds each!). These are all new items going into the website in the next few days...though I frankly expect a few years before we have many track customers ready to go this extreme.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Numbers on.....heading for Laguna Seca!
Attachments
Lagunayellow.jpg
Lagunayellow.jpg (30.88 KiB) Viewed 25592 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
George

Post by George »

Wow. The car looks great. Is there a vendor for the front clip? Might be good for a lot of people...
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

George wrote:Wow. The car looks great. Is there a vendor for the front clip? Might be good for a lot of people...
That would be right here....see our MX5 exterior section. That is ONE BIG piece of hand laid carbon fiber so the cost is pretty high. I don't imagine we will sell too many of those until folks start racing the NC MX5 more seriously.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian,
The Yellow sure is sweet looking! As soon as I log on to post the photos no longer showed up.
Oh, one more thing can I ask what size tire & wheel combo are on the car in the photos. Fill in the fender wells very nicely.
Look larger than the 235/40-17's most run.

Be safe,
AZ
grey_NC

Post by grey_NC »

Brian,
If we have the awr fender flares and but want the CF front end is it possible to mount the flares on it?
George

Post by George »

grey_NC wrote:Brian,
If we have the awr fender flares and but want the CF front end is it possible to mount the flares on it?

Or better yet. Would it possible to have the flares built in to the front end? How about some rear fenders w/flares built in too?

Thanks for checking Brian. The cost is high, indeed, but arguably worth it. Does the possibility for a polyurethane type construction exist? Like motorcycle bodywork?
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".