NC Racing Beat anti/roll bar clicking/knocking

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
anjelzon

NC Racing Beat anti/roll bar clicking/knocking

Post by anjelzon »

I recently purchased Racing Beat springs and tubular front/rear anti roll bars for a 2006 MX-5 Limited. I love the performance difference they have made to my MX-5. I have one little problem though. Since the installation, I can hear clicking/knocking type sounds from the car - only when cornering under load. This is especially prominent when making right hand turns. I have checked the lug nut bolt torque and it is correct and my wheels are properly attached to the car. Could this be that the endlinks need to be tightened or are too loose? Have you heard of any similar issues with the spring/anti roll bar intall on 2006 and later MX-5's. If so, please share with me what the possible culprit could be and how I could rectify the clicking/knocking type noises I'm experiencing while cornering under load. Thank you in advance.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC Racing Beat anti/roll bar clicking/knocking

Post by Brian »

Grab each link and yank back and forth (don't worry about breaking them...you won't be putting even a significant fraction of the force that is applied to them in cornering). If you yank hard on them, can you get any movement...clicking? Any paint missing from any place on the bars? Sometimes rear bars get mounted upside down by mistake and that can cause some tension on the links.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com