Shock Tower Brace/Header/oil cooler

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
benroovy

Shock Tower Brace/Header/oil cooler

Post by benroovy »

I'm looking to do some simple upgrades to my 2008 MX-5 Sport. I already have a K&N/Apollo cold air intake coupled with a Borla Exhaust. They seem to compliment each other well.

Although I am not looking to SC it yet, I was wondering if the addition of headers and/or an oil cooler would increase performance that much? Also, with the proper precautions, would the extra heat adversly affect the area that much with the performance header?

I was also thinking of adding a shock tower brace and maybe front/rear sway bars. This is my weekend and sunny day car, so I'm not by any means a serious track racer. But I just want to do some mods that'll make it that much sportier to drive.

Thanks, >BEN<
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Shock Tower Brace/Header/oil cooler

Post by Brian »

The sways are an easy bang for the buck upgrade that can be done at home easily enough.

Header gain is substantial...the most gain of any normally aspirated mod...and adds to what you would get with the supercharger later. See our NC dyno thread:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... 38&start=0
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
benroovy

Post by benroovy »

Brian,

Thanks for the quick response.

Do the nuts on the shock tower brace need to be torqued to a specification? I noticed the instructions on-line didn't mention that?

>BEN<
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Found the torque specs on the MazdaSpeed brace install.

http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/prod ... 01-409.pdf
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com