wheel alignment

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ronc

wheel alignment

Post by ronc »

hey brian
just had my wheel alignment done and posted the figures in my previous post. could you look at the #s and let me know if there good. btw i was in the car when it was done. they told me to drive it see how it feels and for me to let them know if i like it. to tell you the truth i dont feel any difference from what it was. also does softening or stiffening the rear bar give you oversteer or understeer.

THANKS RONC
slartibartfast

Re: wheel alignment

Post by slartibartfast »

As rear spring/roll bar rate goes up, so does oversteer tendencies.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: wheel alignment

Post by Brian »

If I am reading their chart correctly it looks like they toed OUT the rear. That's not what we want. We normally toe out the front a little for high performance alignments. We toe zero the front for neutral. We toe in both front and rear to avoid tramline for those who do a lot of freeway work. When we toe out the front, we want the rear either toe zero, or even slight toe in.....but not toe out in the rear. I might be reading their chart incorrectly but I would ask them.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com