Stainless steel brake line recommendations?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
07miata

Stainless steel brake line recommendations?

Post by 07miata »

What stainless steel brake lines do folks use for the NC Miata? I tried the Goodridge but they don't fit the rear calipers well so I'm looking for recommendations from folks who are actually using them.
Thanks!
skeeler

Re: Stainless steel brake line recommendations?

Post by skeeler »

I'm running the Goodridge with no problems.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
07miata

Post by 07miata »

Thanks for the response skeeler. The connection to the rear caliper doesn't actually sit flush against the rear caliper on mine, although I could probably grind them down to make them fit. It seems the brake line connector is slightly too large to sit in the "notch" on the caliper so it needs to go in at an angle. I've installed SS lines before so I think I know what I'm doing (been wrong before though :oops: ). I started at the caliper to make sure the lines weren't getting caught-up in the banjo fittings or anything. I didn't cross-thread anything as the stock lines went back in perfectly.
grippy

Post by grippy »

I had to open up the notch in my rear calipers a bit for the line to fit in correctly also. No big deal just a PITA.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
07miata

Post by 07miata »

Thanks grippy, that makes me feel better. :) Maybe I'll give it another shot at my next fluid draining and see how it goes. Any recommendation on what to use to grind down the caliper notch? I've got metal files and drills but no die grinder (which I'm guessing is the way to go?). Thanks for the help all!
grippy

Post by grippy »

I just used a file, it takes a little time but it is nearly impossible to remove too much material with a file. It really does not need to be too accurate, just a clearence slot to guide the line.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
07miata

Post by 07miata »

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.