Eibach pro kit + Bilstein B8 increased drop

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
giorgosdam

Eibach pro kit + Bilstein B8 increased drop

Post by giorgosdam »

Dear Brian,
I've recently installed on my nc 1.8 the eibach pro-kit springs and the the bilstein B8 (sprint) shocks.
With this combination, I have a drop 2" front and 2" drop rear instead of 1.5" and 1.3". What might have caused this drop? Furthermore, my car is lower at rear about 0.4" more than at front. Does that cause handling problems?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Eibach pro kit + Bilstein B8 increased drop

Post by Brian »

Sorry, don't think we have sold that combo yet. We have sold tons of those springs and usually we come out pretty close to what the Eibach spec states....unless we use a lower pressure shock such as the KONI sport shocks (which is why we list the Koni Sport shocks as adding another half inch of lowering).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
giorgosdam

Post by giorgosdam »

I had my springs and shocks bought here in Greece by the man that did the installation. I'm not sure where he has bought them. So, I suppose that the extra height drop is expected with aftermarket shocks?
Oz

Post by Oz »

Hi giorgosdam,
Had a similar problem when I pulled the std Bilsteins in my NC LE and fitted the Tokico HTS and Eibachs.
I pulled the Eibachs, fitted std springs and the car was 20mm lower with the Tokico than with the Bilsteins.
Assume it is related to gas pressure in the shock.
Rob Young
Black 2005 NCLE GWR Exh, Cosworth, Mototune, Ohlins, PF01