stock links, aftermarket suspension components, concern?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
X.C. Yeats

stock links, aftermarket suspension components, concern?

Post by X.C. Yeats »

Stock links fitted to Eibach sways, with Progress springs and Bilstein HD shocks - all three aftermarket components purchased here. DD car, but serious mountain twisties and switchbacks every day. Any reason to be concerned about the stock links? They look a little fragile.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: stock links, aftermarket suspension components, concern?

Post by Brian »

Hmm, it would be very rare to break the links in street use, but it has happened. Thus, an upgrade wouldn't hurt.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Panic.button

Re: stock links, aftermarket suspension components, concern?

Post by Panic.button »

I ran mountain roads and autocross for a third of a year on 7kg/4kg coilover rates with aftermarket sways and the stock endlinks held out just perfect. They seem really flimsy and weak but they held out just well. However I ended up getting aftermarket endlinks after i decided to lower the car, because going over speed bumps occasionally made a loud ping from the endlinks catching on a control arm(or something). After i got them i didn't notice much of a difference however it gave way for more suspension tweaking which was nice :] Their a relatively cheap upgrade compared to the rest of the suspension so I say why not...