What suspension kit for street use?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
kacey

What suspension kit for street use?

Post by kacey »

Hi all, greetings from Greece.

Having read most of the suspension topics, I now have a massive headache and not much in the form of a conclusion, so any suggestions would be very appreciated. The facts:

Local Roads:
Usually bad surfaced (slippery+potholes), few of them in an acceptable state.

Expected use:
Almost always "spirited" driving in and outside city :lol: , 90% in local/city roads or up and down some nearby mountain routes, a few holiday trips and scenic routes, almost none daily work commute (have other car and bike for that), and maybe I will do ONE trackday per year. I don't mind losing some comfort but our poorly surfaced roads won't tolerate any track suspension or anything like that.

Budget:
Can't give you a number cause prices are so different over here, but let's keep it "reasonable", i.e. I am willing to spend some money for something that's worth it, but not waste any on a kit that won't see its proper use (if that makes any sense to you).

I would prefer a complete kit suggestion (i.e Koni X or Bilstein Y kit) so that shocks and springs are tested to work together, and I am not at all interested in anything stupidly adjustable cause I want to install and forget. As an example, Koni yellows are ok (with one knob adjusting firmness or whatever), but anything in the likes of a KW variant3 is wasted money cause I will never look into adjusting all that can be adjusted.

Finally please note that this is for a European 1.8 MX5 but from what I have researched (eg Bilstein and Eibach catalogues) their kits (so I am guessing anything else also) are the same for both cars.

Thank you all in advance.
Last edited by kacey on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: What suspension kit for street use?

Post by Brian »

Given your desire to have the springs matched to the shocks, and your road conditions, a mild coilover is likely your best choice. Perhaps our KW Variant one.....adjustable only for height and with the springs matched to the shocks.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com