New TURBO NC for XP Class...Our New "NC-EXTREME" PROJECT!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New TURBO NC for XP Class...NEED HELP.

Post by Brian »

It's a disease....

And as one mod addict to another...no hope for you either!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Cyberbug

Post by Cyberbug »

True That :lol:
epic619

Post by epic619 »

thats a nice car! wish i could get mine to look like that... but with less stickers for a daily =P
McQueen

Post by McQueen »

Hi. Brian, I've spoken with cosworth's guys. So they told an engine is not suit for miata nc. Could you pls advice the person who did you contact about? Tnx.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

McQueen wrote:Hi. Brian, I've spoken with cosworth's guys. So they told an engine is not suit for miata nc. Could you pls advice the person who did you contact about? Tnx.
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. They said 2.5 not suitable? We have a number of customers who have followed our example to the 2.5 and ours is obviously working great.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
McQueen

Post by McQueen »

Hi. There are A few duratec engine in the product line of cosworth. And only one of them could use along with turbo (http://www.cosworth.com/Default.aspx?id=1093920).
But cosworth guys told that an engine is made for FWD car.
So I see you had done it. Could advice pls a contact person from cosworth who did you speak about your engine. Tnx.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

There is nobody at Cosworth that can help you with either the 2.3 or 2.5 installs into the MX5. They don't do it....so they have no reason to know much about it. See our NCLIGHT thread. We can make you the custom engine mounts if you want to do it. Note our cars have modified firewalls as well to clear the roller throttle setups. Some other customers are working on similar installs currently with the 2.5.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
McQueen

Post by McQueen »

Hi. Brian. Did i get you clear, that 2,5 Mazda engine witch originally goes along
with FWD cars (like Mazda 3/6) could be installed to Miata NC? All that is needed is your engine mounts. And miata's gear box could be connected with 2,5 engine.
Tnx.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes....see our NCLIGHT project which uses 2.5 block from Mazda3. Also, several customers have done their own installs or are working on similar. That does not make it a plug and play swap....it takes a lot of work. Again, start by looking at the NCLIGHT thread.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New TURBO NC for XP Class...Our New NC-EXTREME PROJECT!

Post by Brian »

New Motor!

This is a rebuild of an old Formula Atlantic 2.3.... and the 13:1 pistons have been replaced with 9:5 to 1 forged pistons and super strong rods to support over 400 hp. Big valve head, copper head gasket, billet crank, etc
Attachments
Same problem we had with 2.5 and alternator hitting the steering linkage.  So....we moved it to passenger side of the motor.
Same problem we had with 2.5 and alternator hitting the steering linkage. So....we moved it to passenger side of the motor.
NCE4.JPG (120.24 KiB) Viewed 8875 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com