Alignment with Toyo RA-1s

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
1991tsi

Alignment with Toyo RA-1s

Post by 1991tsi »

Hey Brian, for an NC that sees regular autox/track duty as well as daily driving, do you recommend special alignment settings for these tires? I know certain r-comps require more camber for max performance and longevity, what about these 'mild' r-comps? Thanks, as always, for you input.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Alignment with Toyo RA-1s

Post by Brian »

They still want camber for best performance.

How much camber you can get away with....and not wear unevenly, depends on your daily drive. If you do a lot of freeway work then you might want to stay conservative...like 1.5 negative. If you don't do much freeway work, or don't care about your daily use tires, you can push it to 2.0 negative.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jwagner

Post by jwagner »

I'm taking my '07 MS-R in for an alignment. The car is mostly a track rat and runs STR occasionally. Is it safe to assume that F/R camber can both be set at the same neg. 2.0 on a NC? (not like the old NB) Also, does .02" toe out front, 0 toe rear seem reasonable?
thanks,
Jim W.

PS: Goodwin header, midpipe, roadstersport race, and tune made a massive difference - 1.7 secs on a 90 sec road course.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Your 07 MSR may not be low enough to get that much negative camber.

Toe zero rear and slight toe out front sounds good for autocross.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jwagner

Post by jwagner »

"Toe zero rear and slight toe out front sounds good for autocross."

Is that too aggressive for the track?

I'm sure we can get at least 1.8 degrees camber all around, hopefully 2.0, we'll see.

thx,
Jim
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

it is a fine starting position for track too. Google Jim Daniel's Spec Miata setup guide for a much more detailed answer...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com