NC: Transmission Swap

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Schain

Re: NC: Transmission Swap

Post by Schain »

I'm very tempted to send my ECU out to get reprogrammed to get my engine light off and my speedo working. Maybe there is someone local in Southern California that could do this since the NC is my daily driver. Sorry about hijacking the thread by the way. Thanks everyone.
finiata

Post by finiata »

DMSC wrote:Ive got a 2006 NC with the 6AT that I'm looking to swap an MT into (5... if need be 6) when I get back from Iraq. I was wondering if anyone has experience with swapping a transmission in the NC's and could give me an idea of what I'm getting into. Maybe a parts listing so I can start ordering and seeking out pieces ahead of time? Ive never tackled a swap in any of my cars so I want to be sure I've got it all laid out and ready to go so I can make the process a bit easier on myself. (Also, if anyone happens to have some the parts I will need and is willing to let em go, dont hesitate to send me a PM and we can work something out!)

Thanks ahead of time.. !
If you decide to do this call me or text me as I have most of the parts from a 27k car/6sp including ecu and I'll make you a deal. mike 252-883-4833
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Could someone list all that is needed to do the complete auto to manual conversion and probably an average cost.

Thanks.