MZR Option

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
finiata

Re: MZR Option

Post by finiata »

if you decide to go back stock 2.0 holler I'll make you a deal. 30k 0 problems.
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Grippy,

Any update?
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
grippy

Post by grippy »

It has been a long frustrating summer. After many months of datalogging and reflashing I still do not have a final tune from dynotronics. Last time I went to the dyno I was at 169 hp and 163 lbft IIRC and A/F was way off. The biggest pain has been the wireing harness which keeps breaking wires to the coils from vibration. It breaks near the coil connector still in the insulation so very hard to find, but engine cuts out around 5500. From what I heard all the cup cars had this problem. I have a solid underdrive crank pulley and AWR mounts (softest) so there is a lot of vibration without the balance shafts. I contacted ATI about making a damper but they are not very interested because no one else has asked for one. I will probably go back to the stock pulley.

I need to find a solution to tune this beast. When running it is awesome, although another 20 hp would be welcome. I am looking into cams and headwork for next year but need a tuning solution first.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Gordon,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about all your trouble. Let us know more as you work the bugs out.

Michael
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.