Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
TimC880

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by TimC880 »

Brian,

I'm meeting with Rocky Thursday at 8AM. You going to be in the shop?
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

First, Rocky is AWESOME! If you have a MX5 in CA, it is worth it to have him work on your car. Very pleased, level of service and knowledge about the MX5. Alignment was done old school and is as straight as an arrow! He also checked out everything and made sure I was 100% ready to hit red-line, and crank up the fun.
Attachments
Alignment done proper
Alignment done proper
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Second, I should have posted that the San Diego Miata Club was attending the 'Main Street America Car Show' at the Marina Park North - Seaport Village on Sunday (7/31/16), and I was bringing the PRHT SS project. It was a great experience and very happy I attended. Talked with a lot of car enthusiast and I believe converted a few of the Vet guys into Miata guys!
Attachments
Perfection
Perfection
IMG_2808.JPG (149.16 KiB) Viewed 16314 times
NA
NA
IMG_2804.JPG (135.82 KiB) Viewed 16314 times
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Only Issue I have left with the 2012 SS project is a few chips in the paint. Going to order the Langka.com paint ship and scratch repair kit, to make the outside hood, as perfect as the inside of the hood. 8) So far the car is a blast to drive, even in the 110 degree heat it is enjoyable. Never driven a car that doesn't need to slow-down for curvy roads.
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Brian,

I received the chip repair kit. I got the touch up paint from Dealer (they had to order it). So ready to repair the chips in the paint. Will also Clay bar and polish right afterwards, going to get it reealll shinnny!

I do have a question about the radiator in the 2012 project car. On your main page you have listed all of the mods to the 2012 SS PRHT, but I don't see the Koyo radiator as one of the mods. In one of your forum posts you refer to installing a Koyo, but that was the only entry about the radiator upgrade. Do you remember if it was the - KOYO 36mm "HyperCore" All Aluminum Radiator Upgrade VH061885 -????

Cars temperature gauge is solid as a rock, once it hits the correct operating temp, the needle doesn't budge. Even in the 115 degree heat I was running through a week back, the gauge indicator never increased above normal operating temperatures, it was perfect! I suspect it is the Koyo, and your right about getting it professionally installed. It is buried in the front end, I can't differentiate if it is the factory or Koyo radiator.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, I do not recall putting rad upgrade in that car. Without a plan to track it or boost it, not sure why we would have added a rad unless it was testing fitment....but I really do not recall. Thus, your best record of it at this point is the thread, if we said we did, likely we did. Head mechanic Rocky would likely have record or recollection, ask him next time you visit....and he can take a peak in there if he does not recall.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Going to miss the Tech Day at Rocky's tomorrow, but would have been good to bring it in, and check for a new Rad. Will give him a call next week and see what mods he has recorded in his system if installed a Koyo Radiator.
Have a good weekend!!
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

PLANNED: 5 days
EXECUTED: 2,200 miles
PRICELESS: Hours without seeing another car on the twisties of some of
Utah’s most Bountiful National Parks!

MX5 was perfect! Not a single hiccup, temp was rock solid even on two 19 hour continuous drives traveling in & out of the State. The added stiffness to the suspense kept the car ‘planted’ on the road through the most demanding curves. This is what the Miata was created to do, run through the most beautiful countryside while zooming through twistez with the top down!
Attachments
IMG_3632.JPG
IMG_3382.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG
IMG_3619.JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great Trip...love the pics!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Adventure through San Francisco, Oregon, and down through Utah! 2,751 totals miles of pure driving joy in 6 days! Finally had to replace the rear tires, as I was losing the back-end on every corner. I think I’m close to doubling the amount of miles I have put on this 2012 beauty in the last few months. Love that it only had 16,000 miles when purchased this year, and am getting ready to do my 3rd oil change since I picked it up in July. So far not a single issue with any of the mod’s and am in the process of installing a hard lined USB cable for the Dash cam for constant recording. Will post information once I complete wiring and test unit to make sure I didn’t cross any wires.
Attachments
Crater Lake Entrance OR.jpg
Crater Lake OR.jpg
Northern CA.jpg
Route.jpg