Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by Brian »

bdnbfrank` wrote:I found a spoiler for the prht
Autuko Enterprises
John Beazley, 2804 Timber trail drive, Sandy Hook, Va. 23153
1-800-641-6408
viperj@globalweb.net
Here is a picture of that apparently factory choice. I would like a little more attitude in mine.
Attachments
MX5 Spoiler.jpg
MX5 Spoiler.jpg (55.99 KiB) Viewed 30351 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
lobsternet1

Post by lobsternet1 »

i'd like to see you turn this into the ultimate daily driver... This could be the chance to create the ultimate DD reference vehicle.

i'd imagine there are more folks that want to carve twisties up on the weekends without compromising the comfort of their daily commute than there are those that use their car as strictly autocross/track cars.

i notice that many upgrade recommendations are geared towards getting every bit of performance possible, which I tend to think serves the track/autocross crowd. for the daily driver, a focus towards upgrades that get you 95% of the performance without compromising ride comfort or 105db levels would serve a much larger audience.

after all, it's easy to take the best most expensive parts available and build an amazing car. i challenge you to build the ultimate DD and I know you can do it ;)
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

lobsternet1 wrote:i'd like to see you turn this into the ultimate daily driver... This could be the chance to create the ultimate DD reference vehicle.
I believe, or at least hope, that this is exactly Brian's plan.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

I'm not sure if this is something you'd consider, but i'd love to see a front bumper cover for the NC2 that did something about the enormous grinning grill, 60% of which is blocked-off and nonfunctional.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The FIRST Mod...EXHAUST!

With a few quick flicks of the wrist off came the massive factory muffler! Had fun checking it against our factory MX5 exhaust from our original 2006 NC. Though Mazda has superseded the part numbers several times, all the exterior measurements are the same, weight still 27 pounds. Though shape of the under valance is different and more pronounced on 2009-2012, exhaust tip length is precisely the same as 2006. Installed our 22 pound (with baffles 24, sans baffles 22.4) RoadsterSport Q. I am surprised again how quiet the Q is on an otherwise stock MX5. Will likely try our RoadsterSport II tomorrow, and then the Street and then the Race. I regularly get to drive all our choices around the block on customer cars but it has been a long time since I have really lived with each of our choices on an otherwise stock MX5.....and I have never had chance to live with each of them using the PRHT.

After these experiments of living with each on an otherwise stock PRHT we will get some base dyno runs and then get the prototype RoadsterSport 'Street' header installed.....and likely try it with the new Super Q that we have been working on.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ptr622

Post by ptr622 »

is the Super Q project stopped or is it still ongoing?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

ptr622 wrote:is the Super Q project stopped or is it still ongoing?
Yes, been working on the SuperQ for over a year now....and it will eventually get to market. Was on the dyno with several versions last week. The issue has been trying to beat our original Q....exceed the flow yet not be heavier, not be louder, etc. I think the SuperQ is going to end up gaining a pound or two as the only way to beat our original Q on flow and with the right sound and include all the features that we want to include.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
matthew-m

Post by matthew-m »

[quote="Brian"] The FIRST Mod...EXHAUST!

... Will likely try our RoadsterSport II tomorrow, and then the Street and then the Race. I regularly get to drive all our choices around the block on customer cars but it has been a long time since I have really lived with each of our choices on an otherwise stock MX5.....and I have never had chance to live with each of them using the PRHT... [/quote]

I think you will like the Street on the stock MX5. I find it an aggressive, kinda' bass-heavy, yet liveable, option for my daily driver PRHT. The baffle reduces the volume roughly 3 dB for long freeway drives, without droning. The volume (with top up) roughly matches the road noise. And with the top down, in a canyon, it sounds great!

I look forward to following your progress!
relentless

Post by relentless »

Brian ... Happy New Year ...

a/ This looks to be a great project ... while producing some very good mods ...

b/ One potential mod .... a good roll bar for PRHT ....

All the best,

Bill
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Any more news about the Progress sway-bars you should be testing & the RS "Street" Header?
Michelle said you where their partner with R&D.

Thanks,
AZ