Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by Brian »

matthew-m wrote:Will you be attempting CARB approval for the engine modifications, so your California customers can enjoy these future products?
Yes, hope to CARB some goodies.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

roadster_nh wrote:Given its DD status, I think it would be interesting as a test bed for strategic placement of lightweight sound deadening material. With that and the performance mods, you could look at it as 'civilized performance.'

It's funny you mention that, was thinking the same last night while driving home on freeway drive of about 20 miles that the road noise is surprisingly high for a brand new car....with power retracting hard top. With that in mind I was thinking that I could add some Enkei wheels and save several pounds per corner and 'spend' some of that weight savings on sound killing materials in key locations....to end up with car that rides and handles better and also is smoother, and with less road noise. Anybody have a suggestion for lightest effective road noise killer?

This is our first PRHT and first NC2, and I am having a lot fun throwing it around off ramps to see what it will do. Around town it is fun, on the freeway less so with that road noise mentioned above. The ragtop has enough wind noise with the top up to cover a lot of the road surface noise. In the PRHT the road surface noise seems much more intense...perhaps merely because of the lack of the wind noise, but perhaps in part because of an echo effect off off the hard top.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

I read on miata.net that the echo effect is indeed the source of some of the noise on the hard top. I'm not sure how that was measured, however.

I really like my NC2 (the only NC I've owned), and I suspect you'll like yours.

Totally off-topic: Brian, you were the early adopter of the NC; you've built up quite a suite of parts for this car, while the other Miata aftermarket-performance shops continued to focus mostly on the NA/NB. I hope you'll be on the leading edge when the ND arrives, too.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Mr. Goodwin,
I hear thru the grape vine your working with another spring & sway-bar builder in Cali. on new sway-bars.

So care to pass on any info?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

AZ
Brian wrote:Yep, we have been working with Progress for a while now on new NC Sway Kit.

Should have final pre-production bits next week to play with on our 2012 SS project (see other thread).
Mr. Goodwin
Good to hear, maybe a set of their springs with Koni's. But I'm guessing you go with coil-overs. What about some 17x8's w/ quite 225/45's tires.
Brian I talked to a friend that installs car audio for a living. He said install fiberglass insulation (yes Home Depot type) behind the paneling behind the seats, under the roof tray & between the fender wells. Don't stuff tight just lay in a layer. I did and seem to cut the road noise somewhat. (Placebo maybe)

I will keep an eye on this thread. (fingers crossed about the header)
AZ
bdnbfrank`

Post by bdnbfrank` »

I just hope you are going to come up with a rear spoiler for this car. I just bought a true red 2012 just like this and really want a lip spoiler for it. i have searched high and low and can't find one. You may have to do a 3 piece one? Some one is missing the boat on this!
LittleRed2010

Post by LittleRed2010 »

How about a new grill to replace the plastic one from Mazda? Seems like something could be done to improve the look. My 2010 GT PRHT needs to be lowered...it rides much higher than my '99 did. I agree with the lighter wheels, too.
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Goodwin already makes a spoiler for the NC. It's available in carbon fiber and fiberglass:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0594.html

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... 0594F.html

In addition, Mazda makes or made 3 spoilers for the car, including the Mazdaspeed one, which is 3-piece.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We don't currently make spoiler for PRHT. Had some requests to do so. May give that idea a look.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
catshark

Post by catshark »

Mazda Canada sells a lip spoiler for the PRHT and there was another one avaliable at one time. Check miata.net as there was a thread related to it.

I perfer the mazdaspeed 3-peice version and I have yet to find something similar on the market for the PRHT. I would be first in line for such a product!
bdnbfrank`

Post by bdnbfrank` »

I found a spoiler for the prht
Autuko Enterprises
John Beazley, 2804 Timber trail drive, Sandy Hook, Va. 23153
1-800-641-6408
viperj@globalweb.net