Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
TimC880

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by TimC880 »

Looks like I entered the Miata Family in style! I am the proud owner of the 2012 PRHT SS Project Car!! I have had it for about 6 hours and can't believe how much I missed driving a drop top. What a great little car. Already got a fellow miata owner wave, and 2 strangers at the AM/PM talk my ear off about how cool my MX5 is. 8)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Congrats and happy motoring!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Brian,

I'm going to have Rocky do some work on the SS Project car, and would love ask you or your wife questions about the car. When are you usually in the office? Need to make an appointment with Rocky in about 2 weeks and don't want to miss you. Thanks, loving the car! The kids are even more excited than I am, it was exactly what I we were looking for.
Last edited by TimC880 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

My time in the office is unique each day, and there are weeks I am not there at all because I am at the exhaust factory or various other vendors. I am gone all this week, but will be in the shop daily the following week. Best to just email us the day prior to visiting Rocky and I can be there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Thanks Brian,

Will try to get down their in a few weeks, will email before hand and see if I can catch you in the shop.
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Brian,

With the mods done to the SS, what kinda of MPG were you getting?
After the mod's extra tork and power, was it a neutral effect on MPG due to not effecting gas intake or did it go down?
I do love the sound of the exhaust, it is loud when it needs to be and smooth on the freeway!
Thanks,
Tim
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Surprised how often we get the question on MPG, answer is always the same. If you drive the car exactly the same the MPG with mods is slightly better than stock. Think about it, the HP gains come from just making it easier for the motor to breath and that applies to all situations. On the other hand, if you mash the pedal to enjoy the power gains, and hear the exhaust system, expect you will make more power and use more gas.

So, it really all depends on YOU and your particular driving. Wind it out, have fun listening to it, and don't worry much more MPG is my suggestion.... My wife tended to get north of 30 driving on the freeway, I drive with heavy foot to the floor most of the time and was lucky to get 20 mpg. What do those numbers tell you? It tells you that your right foot is king of the MPG question.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Brian,

That was exactly what I was hoping. I drive like a Grandma, so really happy to see my Hyper-Mileage-challenge can improve on the factory defaults. I've already started to track my MPG, will update as I go along. I keep it around 70 on Freeway, and still haven't really stepped on the gas. Going to have Rocky do an inspection before I get to crazy. (Alignment is off, and want to get up in air and check out everything) I plan on driving 98% of the time like a Grandma, and 2% is mountain zig-zag fun. (baby the gear box all the time)
Great little car!

Thanks
Tim
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Cut the tire size and it would help a lot, I think that car has 225/45 tires....which ride nice on the 7.5 wide wheels but if you cut to 205/45 tire size it would gain some mileage, particularly if you pick harder four season tire.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
TimC880

Post by TimC880 »

Brian,

Looking at tires, and feel the same. The 225/45 look better and ride a little softer - worth the cost of MPG hit. Will try to get an appointment with Rocky some time next week. Hopefully catch you in the shop, and ask a bazillion annoying questions about the car.