Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
JonU

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by JonU »

Brian,

I know it's early, but any idea on pricing?

Jon
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian wrote:And this is why we test fit before production! Had a bunch of emails from MX5 owners who already own and LOVE our Progress Springs but impatient to match them with these Progress sways. Thanks for waiting... we are very happy to catch this little issue you see here BEFORE production. As you can see, just a slight interference between the beefy Progress front bracket and the factory ABS clips. We saw this same issue with the first batch of Hotchkis sways....after they had already shipped to dealers and their solution was instructions to customers to grind the bracket (which was not well received with some customers). We will have Progress make the minor adjustment needed here to avoid any fitment issue in the production item.
Brian,
I sent Michelle @ Progress some OEM sway-bar brackets with plug and play, polly bushings tonight. Two of the bushings are the ones that come with H&R sway-bars (these don't need lubed). Eibach made sway-bars for the RX-8 with a front 27mm solid & a rear 18mm (don't know if it was solid or hollow). They didn't go over well, so they were discontinued.

Thanks for your advice Brian.
AZ
Reitrof

Post by Reitrof »

Brian wrote: One of the interesting things about NC2 for you owners of NC1 is how the factory simply foam filled a number of the suspension/chassis bits to lower NVH. As you can see from the holes where the foam oozed out. This could certainly be done relatively easy to the same parts in 2006-2008 NC.
Brian,

Could you tell us which pieces have been foamed?
2008 PRHT Touring True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RSII, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers
Kenwood DNX7100, Nautilis Horn
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Reitrof wrote:
Brian wrote: One of the interesting things about NC2 for you owners of NC1 is how the factory simply foam filled a number of the suspension/chassis bits to lower NVH. As you can see from the holes where the foam oozed out. This could certainly be done relatively easy to the same parts in 2006-2008 NC.
Brian,

Could you tell us which pieces have been foamed?
No, I was not under there to carefully catalog which pieces they foamed, just found it interesting that several are foamed on NC2 versus NC1. Anyway, doesn't really matter which pieces they foamed, if I was to foam an NC1 then I would do every section that I can get access to.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

JonU wrote:Brian,

I know it's early, but any idea on pricing?

Jon
They have not settled price yet.....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Michele wrote:Brian,

Thanks for posting the Progress anti-sway bar review. Well done. I'm considering those in the future.

I also look forward to your reviews for the exhaust systems that you were planning to test in December on the 2012 PRHT. I have not seen any more comments about exhaust systems.
So far really have not settled on any particular choice for the exhaust. Changing them around and having some fun trying all the choices we offer on an otherwise stock car again. Very likely we will test our new header with converter on this car.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

If you're playing with multiple exhausts, it would be a good opportunity to do something I haven't seen before -- a side by side audio comparison of multiple exhausts under identical conditions on the same car.
ourly

Post by ourly »

please develop a functional front lip spoiler for the NC2, thanks. it has to look cool with your rear spoiler which i'd own right now if not for saving for the SBC 17/9s.

enjoy the car bro.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks Guys, great suggestions. Hope to finish the break-in mileage and get a base dyno reading and then start playing. Likely will do some work to make the body more aggressive looking and a front splitter would be part of that effort (our current 06-08 design won't fit the 09+).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Brian,

I don't seem to have that foam on my '09 NC2. Maybe it was added later.

Do you have spring rates for these new Progress bars, or do you know how stiff they are (in numbers) compared to stock NC or RX-8 bars?

Thanks for continuing to bring good Miata parts to market. You've been the leader in NC parts since I've been on the Miata scene, and it's good to see you are expanding.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.