RAKE!!! Damn RAKE!!
Heading South on 215, and I ran over a cement rake... A DAMN CEMENT RAKE! Zero body damage, but it took out the condenser and the radiator. Got her loaded up and delivered to Rocky in San Diego for repairs.
Working on the list of upgrades, since Rocky has the car will use this forced repair to upgrade a few items.
1. Engine Shield: Would have saved me all of this trouble (Brian I see your shields, but not for NC?)
2. Aluminum Coolant Expansion Tank: Radiator needs replacing, will upgrade the tank during the install.
2. Radiator Protective Screen: protection from road debris. metal rake would have ripped it apart, going with Shield?
4. KOYO MX5 Miata High-Performance 36mm "HyperCore" All Aluminum Radiator: Don't think I need the Triple.
5. Something I will discover after talking with Rocky: Rocky do a 100-point check to make sure I'm 100%
Picture of the Rake on the 215 was courtesy of the M6 Plus Dash Cam. It is a great dash cam, as you can see from the single screenshot of the video, the quality is perfect for its price point. I've been so busy, I haven't completed the DashCam installation, Wires are just hanging down to the USB Port. Will complete the hard-wiring and get all of the wiring tucked under the plastic molding when I get Shasha back from Rocky. I need to complete install while I'm still in 'repair mode' Great dash cam, with nice features for the techy minded driver.
Need a tow? In Southern CA? Mark luckily, stopped about 5 minutes in the forced roadside inspection. $120 to go about 70 miles. Not a bad deal. Marks Towing 951-378-3410. A good number to have if want to transport a car anywhere in Southern CA.
- The sound it made, was Horrific!
- Getting ready for Transport
- Rake ripped through the plastic shield!