New to Autocross Classes and MX5 Modding

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ronbauer

Re: New to Autocross Classes and MX5 Modding

Post by ronbauer »

Brian wrote: Yeah, that's what I keep telling the wife...as we are about to buy our FIFTH NC for parts development.
Brian, you're so far behind the curve.... I'm already on #5!

Ron
eluviis

Post by eluviis »

Oh sweet, thanks Jim.
My car: The 1995 RallyWays Miata
sjd

Post by sjd »

ronbauer wrote:IMHO, STR allows a majority of the things most people would want to do to their car for a fun daily driver. I'd look at the ruleset and try to build your car within those limitations, then you have a place where you can run and be at least somewhat competitive. Don't worry about getting $4-5k shocks. While they are necessary for top level National competition, they aren't
needed to be competitive locally.

BTW, again IMHO, the NC is still very comfortable on the street even with fairly aggressive spring rates. A decent set of coilovers will do wonders all the way around.

Ron
I agree with Ron. My car has JIC coilovers with 700/400 Swift springs, Mazdaspeed sway bars, AEM intake, Goodwin Racing header, midpipe, RoadsterSport II muffler, Hawk HP+ pads and two sets of tires and wheels (V710's on TR C3's & Yokohama AD08's on RPF1's) and other than the firm ride (which only really is annoying on certain roads) and squealing HP+ pads, the car is vastly improved even as a daily driver. I drive it (60km both ways) to work 2-3 days (at minimum) every week in the summer. My wife drives it quite often as well with no complaints either. She likes being noticed in a modified car. lol.
2010 Competition Yellow MX-5.