Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
grippy

Re: Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Post by grippy »

Hey Brian,
How about an update? We know the dyno is back up and running. Do you have a schedule?

My race season starts in 4 weeks, so I am running out of time, would still need to get tuned as well. Been waiting for this for a long time.

Do you have any in stock? Ceramic coated? How long a wait for the next batch?

If you don't have time to test send one to me, I will get it tested within a week. I plan to do a before and after anyway.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

See the thread on our supercharged project.

Dyno running as of last week, results at that link above for that car, we signed off on the final and now we wait for first batch which is likely 60 days for polished stainless, longer for ceramic.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ourly

Post by ourly »

Great news Brian, did you finalize pricing?
Rick
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The 1.8 pipe required a one-time purchase of expensive new tool/die materials but my plan is still to get it in retail at $499 for polished stainless. As soon as we get first polished sample for pictures will get it on the site for preorder, hope for that to happen in April.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ourly

Post by ourly »

Thanks, this will go great with the HH midpipe I already bought and my soon to be installed MotoEast 2.5. :mrgreen:
I'm looking forward to 5 more fun years with my 09!
grippy

Post by grippy »

It would still be nice to see the same comparison on this car as you did on the supercharged car. If you still get the 15hp bump on the NA engine that would be great.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Since we got 15hp on a 300 hp car...my guess is perhaps under 10 hp on a 200hp car over our standard header with 1.6 inch primaries which is already pretty adequate for 200 hp.

Can't say when or if we will get a chance to test it on this car, hope to, but it is the busy season and many other items in line for work first.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Sean @ GWR

Post by Sean @ GWR »

Next up for testing on Project Blue are the Feal 441 coilovers. Like all other Feal 441 for the NA/NB & ND these will ship as complete shocks with Swift Springs and top hats front & rear as standard. The spring rate we are testing with these prototypes are 6kg front and 4kg rear.
feal_441_nc_front.jpg
On the scales these are feather weights! The Feal 441 weigh 8.15lbs for the front damper and 6.95lbs for the rear damper, compared to the Tein Flex-Z which weighs 12.3lbs in the front and 12.6lbs in the rear these are MUCH lighter. We'll be testing these at the autocross with all our drivers before making any changes.
feal_441_nc_rear.jpg
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Any plans for testing other spring rates on those? I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to offer 7k/6k as an out of the box configuration on a coilover for the NC. All of the suspension calculators I've tried point to that as being the best compromise for a street setup that's still somewhat track-able. It just seems as though the 4k or 5k rear springs on most of the available options aren't quite stiff enough and still rely too much on the bumpstops to do too much of the work.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Running that combo on our ND currently, and very similar 8/7 on our 2007 supercharged NC, likely will test that spring combo on these.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com