Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
RobertS272

Re: Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Post by RobertS272 »

Brian, many thanks for the prompt service. I ordered my ''Q'' on the 4th Dec and it arrived on the morning of the 11th in Sydney . One hour later it was fitted.
I'm sure that a muffler alone doesn't make an NC go faster, but I swear it has. I have great faith in the seat of my pants. Anyway I love the subtle change of note, and I look forward to purchasing mid pipe in the new year.
Rob Stuart
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Rod,

That's great, much enjoy hearing that folks are enjoying our products. Happy Motoring!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Brian,

I am interested/curious about the NC FRONT Splitter.

But I can't find enough photos on the web that demonstrate the fit.

Any chance you could be convinced to fit one up to your winning blue project and post photos for the site?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DavidP020

Post by DavidP020 »

In which conditions do you think an upgraded radiator is needed?

With a rotrex supercharger at 10 PSI, is an improved radiator needed for track days?

I think, a driver should first install a FI and see if temperature raises before thinking of buying a new radiator.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The factory radiator is tiny, certainly not designed for the heat load of track work or any forced induction. When we installed the very first NC supercharger kit here we found the factory radiator actually worked okay when used in combo with the MazdaSpeed nose which had many inches of additional opening for air to hit the radiator.....but numerous customers with the normal factory nose reported heat issues. Thus, this upgrade will be our suggestion for track users....and any customer with any boost upgrade.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Okay, Project Blue going to get some fun mods in the next few weeks.

Coilovers.... I have a set of Ohlins here and that's the choice I keep coming back to, but happy to hear any arguments to consider another choice.

Wheels, with boost on the way we need more rubber on this project. The natural first choices are 17x8 or 17x9 RPF1 or PFO1. Any preferences between these two choices?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
91 IMPULSE RS

Post by 91 IMPULSE RS »

I vote for 17x9 PF01's, RPF1's are great rims but been done to death.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

While we think about the wheels we do have lots of BIG changes for Project Blue this week.

NEW COILOVERS! This one is a surprise that has been in the works.... by a company well known for affordable coilovers and awesome customer service....in the Subaru WRX market. Anybody want to guess?

Also going in this week is our Carbon/Carbon Clutch....in preparation for BOOST.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Brian wrote:NEW COILOVERS! This one is a surprise that has been in the works.... by a company well known for affordable coilovers and awesome customer service....in the Subaru WRX market. Anybody want to guess?
Coming from the Subaru WRX market myself, I'm going to guess Feal Suspension. They do a great business in re-building OEM STi struts, and also making a high quality, reasonably priced coilover.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers