Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Post by Brian »

This car has our RoadsterSport Max Power Header, RoadsterSport Midpipe and RoadsterSport Q exhaust. Stock intake! MotoEast Reflash, thanks Mike!

One additional purpose of the dyno session today was to test another Prototype "Super Q". This is an idea that I have flirted with for two or three years, a version of the Q that is directed most at Supercharger customers and has even better sound/drone killing ability....WITHOUT giving up any power. I had failed on this effort with more than a dozen prior prototypes.... In fact, I have failed to the point of giving up on the idea several times.

But today I was thrilled when my latest prototype SuperQ perfectly matched our best results today with our other mufflers. Thus, it will finally go to production within a few months. Measured about 4 db quieter on my DB meter from 10 feet behind the car during the dyno runs. That may not sound like much, but that is actually a BIG difference in sound level and it comes at critical point of the rpms (2500 to 3000 rpms). And we did it without changing the size of the muffler (the internal mods do add some ounces, but under a pound).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
honestobob

Post by honestobob »

So is the intake modification not very productive in terms of power gains?
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Patience. He is building up the supercharged crescendo.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Intake is helpful in otherwise stock car but if you do a complete header back setup...then an intake is not getting much more.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

JamesK383 wrote:Patience. He is building up the supercharged crescendo.
Yes, and thanks for encouraging patience, we are getting there....

The supercharger kit hardware is in development by our friends at Kraftwerks. As suggested on the first page of this thread, we loaned them Project Blue to start the NC supercharger project. It spent a month there... and we have been working with them since on the details. Our plan is to offer a version here with our EcuTek MotoEast Reflash. Blower is sized with sufficient headroom to reach 300+ RWHP.... but production kit will likely be 9 PSI and that will likely get us 250 RWHP on an NC that has a proper header and exhaust like our Max Power Header Exhaust Combo. As with our old Cosworth kits (still selling as 'FM supercharger' at FM), it is difficult to push much beyond 200 RWHP with the factory header so we will be suggesting header and proper 2.5 inch exhaust upgrade to really get your money's worth on the supercharger kit.

The hardware is coming along....but can't give any price details or dates for completion for the completed system because that info is not final yet. They are planning first hardware install on a donor car in-house soon. Our starting tune from MotoEast for install of production kit on Project Blue is here and ready for the finished hardware to arrive. So, best I can say now is.....soon!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Thanks for the update, Brian.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
ArildH029

Post by ArildH029 »

C30 or C38 ? Please do the NC community a big favor and make room for the C38.
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

It would be helpful to get an estimate of the install/remove times for the Rotrex kit (excluding the header) for those of us on the west coast.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Current plan is c30 blower....with test of c30-74 and the c30-94.

Hope to have pictures to post next week...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

LOTS of CHANGES for Project BLUE this Week~!

Ohlins Coilovers are INSTALLED! Tried another choice and just was not happy with the result, so we started over and put the Ohlins in, and the ride home proved it was the right decision, gotta go with the best!

Our New Wilwood NC Big Brake Kit INSTALLED! Take 10 pounds of unsprung weight out and stop like the hand of God is grabbing you, modulation is much improved over stock and dropping that unsprung weight off the front end helps all aspects of performance...including ride quality!

Graphics and Clearbra INSTALLED! We will pull our little die-cut black and white stickers off now that we have gone a little more bold with the graphics on this car, I love the look. Covered the entire hood and front section with the Clearbra.

Enkei PFO1 50mm17x8 Silver with TOYO R1R 235/40/17 INSTALLED!
Attachments
ProjectBlueBrakes2.JPG
ProjectBlueBrakes2.JPG (149.7 KiB) Viewed 15014 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com