Ohlins DFV Questions

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
axela

Ohlins DFV Questions

Post by axela »

This question is for Brian.. I bought the race valved DFVs a year ago, and I now want to try the standard springs (Eibach ERS coils?) that come with the standard DFV kit. Do you know if these springs can be bought separately? Also, where would be good place to have the shocks revalved for the standard springs? Thank you in advance.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Ohlins DFV Questions

Post by Brian »

We have the standard springs, send us an email and we can get you a price on those.

I would try the standard springs without bothering to re-valve since you are going down in spring rate.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

What spring rate are you currently running and what springs are they? I am currently running Tein Race spring F 10 R 6. I also have the original Ohlins DFV Eibech F 7 R 4 springs. I am looking to up my spring rate to F 13 R 8. If you have this spring rate, may be we can do trade.
axela

Post by axela »

Currently running lightweight Swift springs. I got 11kg for the front, and 7kg and shorter 8kg rear springs (with helper spring). I thought 13kg was maybe a bit much. I might be interested in trade..
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

As another option, I am running the Tein tapered 70mm-100mm and 200mm long springs in the rear with no problems on the stock aluminum top hats. Just to let everyone know this is possible. Rates available run from 6kg/mm up to 20kg/mm.
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Indeed I am running Tein Racing Spring (the green one) in the front, and Tein Standard Tapper in the rear. Not spring perch need nor spacer needed.