roadster street header

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: roadster street header

Post by Brian »

Oz wrote:Hey Brian,
Can you give me some information on the efficiency of the cat, as a cat, in this header when compared to the OEM unit.
A number of guys here in Oz are attempting to get Cosworth fitted NCs through our emissions testing so they can be legally driven on Australian roads.
This has involved pulling the Roadster Sports headers and installing the OEM one with the obvious detriment to flow and installing OEM midpipes.

It would be a huge bonus if we could get the flow of this street header yet still have an efficient primary cat.

Oh and it would need to fit RHD...which might be a problem.
The unit is certified here to handle V8 motors, easily handles the tailpipe emissions tests used here in the states. But no idea how the tests are done in Australia. Sorry, also no idea if it fits RHD yet.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

matthew-m wrote:Any chance of this header passing California smog inspection? How about CARB approval?

Thanks!
No plans to do the CARB cert process at this time.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Fat Broke

Post by Fat Broke »

Ok...I'm hooked, installed Q exhaust, AEM...now I want the torque!

I have an auto, standing by for availability.

-Matt
Oz

Post by Oz »

Brian wrote:
Oz wrote:Hey Brian,
Can you give me some information on the efficiency of the cat, as a cat, in this header when compared to the OEM unit.
A number of guys here in Oz are attempting to get Cosworth fitted NCs through our emissions testing so they can be legally driven on Australian roads.
This has involved pulling the Roadster Sports headers and installing the OEM one with the obvious detriment to flow and installing OEM midpipes.

It would be a huge bonus if we could get the flow of this street header yet still have an efficient primary cat.

Oh and it would need to fit RHD...which might be a problem.
The unit is certified here to handle V8 motors, easily handles the tailpipe emissions tests used here in the states. But no idea how the tests are done in Australia. Sorry, also no idea if it fits RHD yet.
OK thanks Brian,
When you get a production one installed, could get a few pics of the area around where our RHD steering shaft will pass through?
Might help decide if there's enough room.
Cheers!
Rob Young
Black 2005 NCLE GWR Exh, Cosworth, Mototune, Ohlins, PF01
oldjag

Post by oldjag »

Had GWR catted header/midpipe installed yesterday at AR Auto Services, Lake Oswego, Or #503 697-3311 for $257.00. Several positive comments on header build quality. Only driven across town but very noticeable improvement pulling long grade in fourth gear and winds out much faster in lower gears. About 15% louder with original FM muffler with better tone and less drone. Thanks Brian. Couldn't be happier.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the report, glad you like it. I am driving it almost daily in our 2012 Project car and loving the torque and the sound.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Fat Broke

Post by Fat Broke »

@oldjag...or Brian :-) Did you have to use the O2 cable extensions or were they able to use existing?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We have done the install a few times with no cables. But several folks have reported using the short cable for the first sensor.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com