CG (seatbelt) Lock

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Chris Thompson

CG (seatbelt) Lock

Post by Chris Thompson »

I know this is not Miata/MX5 specific but this place is as good as any I suppose.

I gotta give a shout-out for the CG Lock. These things are a great little piece of equipment. I've been using one for autocross in both my MX5's for a couple months. Last week I forgot to switch it out from one car to the other before I left for autocross. I was sad to have 14 runs that day without the CG to hold me firmly in my seat.

Guess I'll be dropping by Good-Win for a second CG Lock so I don't have to switch it out between cars.

Note: The CG fit my '99 seat belt no problem HOWEVER I had to take a die grinder to the '08 belt thingy because it has a weird bulbous shape and the CG would not stay put. I caved out a little groove for the clamp to grab and it holds great now.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
Panic.button

Re: CG (seatbelt) Lock

Post by Panic.button »

I have to complain because I bought one and I'm having a hard time making it stay mounted. No matter how hard I have tried to tighten it, it keeps pushing it out or eventually just popping off.
Chris Thompson

Re: CG (seatbelt) Lock

Post by Chris Thompson »

Panic.button wrote:I have to complain because I bought one and I'm having a hard time making it stay mounted. No matter how hard I have tried to tighten it, it keeps pushing it out or eventually just popping off.
That's why I carved a groove in the seatbelt insert plastic. So the CG clamp would have a solid grip. Well worth the effort to modify the little plastic cover on the seatbelt thingy.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105