PPE Long Tube Header sound clip?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
07miata

PPE Long Tube Header sound clip?

Post by 07miata »

Does anyone know of a sound clip of the PPE Long Tube header with a STOCK muffler, or Racing Beat muffler? I can't find any such clips and I'm curious how it will change the tone of my existing setup. Thanks!
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PPE Long Tube Header sound clip?

Post by Brian »

Sorry, I don't know anybody even running that combo.

Most of our customers for the PPE Long Tube are using our little Roadstersport Race on it for STR competition and something bigger like the RoadsterSport Q to quiet it down around town.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

ive recorded some before and after videos with the PPE and Q, but have yet to upload them. honesytly i dont know why you would want to keep the stock one, except for cost.
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

JeremyJ069 wrote:honesytly i dont know why you would want to keep the stock one, except for cost.
+1. And the stock muffler is ugly compared to any of the Roadster Sport mufflers. As for cost...in for a penny in for a pound.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

my videos with ppe long tube and Q
before, bumper
after, bumper
before, ground
after, ground
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Thanks, Jeremy! Your videos just pushed me over the edge to buy.
nc4me

Post by nc4me »

Does the interior rattle with this complete setup? I had the race single for a year and then it drove me crazy and now I have the Q. I want to get the rest of the exhaust done, but I do not want the sound to shoot back up as much as the race single.

On a side note. I think I saw a video of the complete exhaust with the street header and it seemed pretty quite. I'll probably go that route if this is to loud.

If anyone has the full system in the Tampa, St. Pete, or Clearwater area and is willing to give me a ride, please let me know.
2008 Galaxy Grey Miata Sport 5 speed: TDR2 Turbo Kit, Goodwin Racing Q exhaust, H&R front and rear sway bars, Tein Flex coilovers, Stock LSD added, and 17X9 Enkei RPF1's with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
mitchman

Post by mitchman »

I had a bad interior rattle too. I noticed it only rattled with the top up, so I traced it down to the plastic tray that the top sits in. I wedged some pieces of black foam rubber between the tray and another piece of plastic and the rattling stopped.

BTW, this is without a muffler. The exhaust simply dumps out in front of the rear axle. It's loud, but the interior doesn't rattle.
'06 MX-5 (STR)
07miata

Post by 07miata »

To answer my own question, here is the before and after with a racing beat muffler:
http://youtu.be/oMhYbC4lncY
Va MX5

Post by Va MX5 »

Nice car, Great Color !
Sounds great, probably quieter under load .
Thanks for sharing.

Regards to all.
Pat- Va MX5
2012 MX5 PRHT GT