NC supercharger options

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
gbrown50613

Re: NC supercharger options

Post by gbrown50613 »

Brian,
I have a 2012 PRHT similar to your wife's street Miata. I purchased this vehicle new last year with the hopes that I could add enough horsepower to create a miniature Z06 performer, but look like a street vehicle. It appears that you may have a solution coming with the new SC this fall. I have been looking at the solution by FM, but am concerned that it will be a little short on horsepower. Do you think you will be able to produce 300 HP with the SC and some exhaust modifications and still keep the street look? I have a 6 speed and hopefully the stock drive train will be sturdy enough to handle the extra HP.

Gary
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our turbo customers make over 300 on the stock drivetrain and it does handle the power (after a clutch upgrade). It is my hope we can get to 300 with the be new blower kit on a car that has a proper exhaust (factory header just won't flow much over 200 but our RoadsterSport Max Power header can flow over 300).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
gbrown50613

Post by gbrown50613 »

I am budgeting for this improvement and need to have a general idea of approximate cost. Can you give me an idea of what the SC, exhaust and clutch upgrade will cost installed? Do you do the installs at the CA location?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, we install it all here in San Diego.

Sorry, can't say anything yet on the new SC costs.....we will have to wait until kit is finished and we have installed final version.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
gbrown50613

Post by gbrown50613 »

Can you put me on an automatic notify list when the new SC is available? I do not check the forums very often, but of course get emails daily.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Don't have such a list, check back to this forum for updates.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

Last edited by Freescopesdad on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

If you go back to original Cosworth thread here you will find the ship date slipped and slipped for nearly a year from when we posted the first pictures of that kit....until we got the first kits to sell to customers. Never seen a boost kit that didn't slip past original planned ship date by many months to a year or more. The "why" is pretty simple, hundreds of parts involved and many from outside suppliers and numerous unpredicted delays and complications always happen. In brief, the more complicated the item....the later it will arrive on market.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
brandontrek

Post by brandontrek »

well we are waiting patiently for the kit to be released. I took a ride in a cossie NC and really want boost.
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

Last edited by Freescopesdad on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4