Swift PERFORMANCE Springs....for NC!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
njaremka

Re: Swift PERFORMANCE Springs....for NC!

Post by njaremka »

yay! i'm hoping they are ready for next "spring" :P when my upgrade budget comes up for review :D
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Springs are here to test, we need to find local volunteers.

Rates are 300 Front, and 250 Rear.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DaveS286

Post by DaveS286 »

Brian,

What is the drop on an NC1?
I may be able to volunteer and will stop by, tomorrow for tech day.
Dave
ScottO587

Post by ScottO587 »

What's required to be a volunteer?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Need a local NC1 and NC2 with stock shocks.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
tjb1973

Post by tjb1973 »

Brian

Wouldn't 300/250lb springs be too much for the stock nc2 bilsteins? I'm sure those rates would substantially reduce body roll and diving/squatting but won't the bilsteins struggle on the rebound if you hit a bump or dip?

I thought Eibach/Mazda keep their spring rates much closer to stock for this reason.

Would like to help you test them out but 5000 miles away isn't exactly local.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We need to check heights first. Thus, we want to keep other variables constant and start on stock shocks to make sure heights are correct. Indeed I am curious how the various versions of the stock shocks handle the rates and after the height check I expect the ideal install will involve an adjustable shock choice like the KONI or Tokico. But the KONI adjustable shocks lower the car another half inch or so, and the Tokico adjustable shocks are on backorder.

Given all that, I may need to just test on a car we have here, re-installing stock shocks to check drop of just the new Swift Springs. I would then drive it for 50 miles (underdamped or not), just to see how it works and make sure it has settled before we take final height measurements...and then we would change to the KONI Sport shocks to better handle the rates. Got a few volunteers, including a few willing to do it both ways with their own labor to get the springs for FREE, but so far none of these volunteers are really LOCAL, and ideally we want it local so we can check heights ourselves, etc. I may give up on the local requirement just to get this rolling...

Thanks to all those who have volunteered so far, we appreciate the enthusiasm and your willingness to wrench for fun and experimentation, and at least one of you folks will likely have a free set of springs coming your way soon.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Stueck9356

Post by Stueck9356 »

I'd love to try this, however 300/250 seems steep compared to others, especially for a DD and my tastes. I have mazdaspeed springs/stock black shocks on an 08 PRHT and was debating on progress/koni or swift/koni.. rate just seems up there.
roadster_nh

Post by roadster_nh »

Stueck9356 wrote:I'd love to try this, however 300/250 seems steep compared to others, especially for a DD and my tastes. I have mazdaspeed springs/stock black shocks on an 08 PRHT and was debating on progress/koni or swift/koni.. rate just seems up there.
Properly damped, the ride quality (among other characteristics) would likely be equal to or better than what you have now. I wouldn't get too concerned about those rates.
2003 LS FFS
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

roadster_nh wrote:
Stueck9356 wrote:I'd love to try this, however 300/250 seems steep compared to others, especially for a DD and my tastes. I have mazdaspeed springs/stock black shocks on an 08 PRHT and was debating on progress/koni or swift/koni.. rate just seems up there.
Properly damped, the ride quality (among other characteristics) would likely be equal to or better than what you have now. I wouldn't get too concerned about those rates.
Yup. Same front rates as Flyin Miata springs, with a little more rear rate. And everyone who tries the FM suspension raves about it riding better than stock and handling 1000x better!
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers