NC battery

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
matthew-m

NC battery

Post by matthew-m »

I believe the factory battery on my 2007 is failing again, and I am wondering what aftermarket brands owners have tried. I plan to get the battery and alternator tested Friday. In the meantime, I am looking into a better aftermarket battery.

I have an aftermarket stereo, and during the week I only do city driving. The average length of a trip between starts is less than 5 miles, so I am thinking I may not be charging the battery completely during the week. Any suggestions? Are there stronger, yet lighter, batteries that fit in the stock location? Is it worthwhile to fabricate a new mounting bracket for a bigger battery?

All suggestions are appreciated!
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob
morrisg

Re: NC battery

Post by morrisg »

These guys are a Pennsylvania battery manufacturer and make excellent batteries at a good price. Check them out.

http://www.dekabatteries.com