NC track build

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
eflove

Re: NC track build

Post by eflove »

It's mostly going to be just against myself and the clock. Open track days, track rentals, and maybe some NASA TT events if I get bored. I live in Austin so the local track is COTA but i'll make it out to Harris Hill Road, MSR Cresson, MSR Houston, Tx World Speedway, and maybe Tx Motor speedway if they do anymore night events!
I cut the rear bumper today. I have been debating it but it should help stop the parachute effect the stock bumper has. I can always get a new oem one painted too so I just did it.
PatrickM046

Post by PatrickM046 »

I've been following your build - that's a serious machine! Nice work!
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

Great lookin build. Next time I'm in Austin I will have to hit you up for a ride. lol That is a really nice looking PPF; is there any advantages to the one you made over stock?
eflove

Post by eflove »

With the RX-8 diff the PPF needs to be slotted to use the stock drive shaft. They are prone to cracking once you do that and with 3x the stock power i'm sure it would flex a good amount. The fabricated one is the right length, much stronger, and stiffer.
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

That makes sense.
eflove

Post by eflove »

I didn't like how far apart the plastic rivits that hold the window in were so I x2 it and changed them to bolts. I also painted a black border about the outside.
o2cls

Post by o2cls »

Details on muffler? Looks awesome.
Curves

Post by Curves »

This is a better thread on his build

http://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/2987- ... car-build/
eflove

Post by eflove »

The muffler is a Vibrant 3in oval with a turn down welded on. Nothing fancy.
Verwah

Post by Verwah »

What can you tell me about that main powerplant brace? Its much different than on my car and looks very custom with gloss black paint and a ladder frame-ish design.