Anyone used this exhaust set up ?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Hollywood

Anyone used this exhaust set up ?

Post by Hollywood »

Has anyone ran the GWR MAX POWER header + RACING BEAT "RACE" midpipe + GWR RACE single exhaust ?

Sound isnt a issue for me. The louder, the better. Car is a 13 CWP CLUB. I want to make the most power & save the most weight. I figured this combo I put together is the most weight savings ?

Anything I should be aware of if I go this route ? Negative ? Positives ? Thanks ! :D
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Anyone used this exhaust set up ?

Post by Brian »

That would be race car loud, easily over 105+ db when on the gas. Thus, I don't expect many responses as the average customers are still driving these cars on the street. I did have a guy order that combo yesterday for dedicated trailered track car (driver will be wearing helmet and ear plugs anyway). That customer is in Florida and explained that none of the tracks he visits have sound limits, here in California some of our tracks have sound limits and this combo won't make it under those limits.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

So I have the PPE LTH, PPE catted midpipe, and a CoastFab (Burns) 6.25" 17" long muffler where the resonator used to live (downturn pipe at the rear diff), and I blow 92-95 at events, but the internal sound is really bad. Yes, it's light, but dayem...
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
Captaincrunch

Post by Captaincrunch »

Sorry to hijack thread. Brian, by any chance will PPE LTH + midpipe and RACE single pass under 102 db?

Reason being I'll be attending the MRLS this September and that was the requirement. Thanks!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, don't recall
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Yea you guys will think Iam crazy because its going on my DD & its a PRHT :lol:

Any negative side effects I should be expecting when running a "race" midpipe ? Only part of the exhaust that Iam actually nervous about.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

If no converter in the system you get codes, though the tuners can help turn those off.

Just to make sure I am on record as very clear about this up front, I think this is a VERY BAD idea for daily driver PRHT....I doubt anybody can stand the resulting sound level of this combo for long without ear plugs....particularly in the echo chamber that is the PRHT.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
roadster_nh

Post by roadster_nh »

Never mind being able to tolerate the sound level -- I wonder what type of hearing damage this type of sound can cause, especially if used on a DD without some sort of protection. It can't be good.
2003 LS FFS
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Hmm you guys actually got me rethinking this. My previous car was a S2000 and I had a test pipe with a single race exhaust on it as well. It was louder than anything Ive owned before but I didnt have a hardtop. I figured it'll be somewhat the same but I didnt take into account the echoing from the exhaust in the cabin to be that bad :cry:
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

It will be really really loud and will damage your hearing over time. If you still want relatively light and free flowing, but with a little more sound damping, the Street Single would quiet it down a bit more than the Race Single, and the Enthuza single would quiet it down a bit more than that. For a difference of less than 10 lbs, it's worth not having to wear earplugs all the time you drive the car and risk ticking off your neighbors and getting tickets all the time. :wink:
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers