NC MX-5 Tow Hook?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
HappyCatFilms

NC MX-5 Tow Hook?

Post by HappyCatFilms »

The Tow Hook on Good-Win's site is for the '99-'05. Is there an option for my '09?
"Street Legal, Track Capable"
2009 Copper Ragtop 5-speed. AEM intake, GordyM seat lowering, Hard Dog M3 Sport roll bar, TDR ECU reflash, AiM MXL, Enkei PF01 17" wheels with Hoosier tires for track days.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC MX-5 Tow Hook?

Post by Brian »

Since the NC comes with screw-in tow hook from the factory (in the glovebox) we don't get much demand for more fancy versions. Thus, don't have another choice to offer.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
colt45

Post by colt45 »

What is the OE tow hook good for? can it be used to pull my car out of a ditch with a cable and wench? :wink:
Chatanooga
'06 Sport 6MT Ohlins 70N/50N
IBA/COG
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes....I have seen folks pulled out and all the way back to pits with the factory NC tow hook.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
HappyCatFilms

Post by HappyCatFilms »

Thanks, Brian. My used '09 arrived with glovebox empty! I'll search around for some other options.
2009 Copper Ragtop 5-speed. AEM intake, GordyM seat lowering, Hard Dog M3 Sport roll bar, TDR ECU reflash, AiM MXL, Enkei PF01 17" wheels with Hoosier tires for track days.
olgzr

Post by olgzr »

The tow hook for my 2006 was in the storage compartment in the trunk. There is a panel on the RH side that's removable and contained the jack and tow hook.
HappyCatFilms

Post by HappyCatFilms »

Olgzr, you're right - mine were in the jack storage compartment. Thanks!
jamaican_tuner

Post by jamaican_tuner »

I have the OEM tow hooks but have been looking at something I can leave in permanently.

Found these on saferacer but they are pricey and not sure if the thread pitch and diameter is correct and also the length seems too short.

http://www.saferacer.com/rennline-porsc ... oCwHPw_wcB
jamaican_tuner

Post by jamaican_tuner »

Are there any other proven options out there?

Found another one that looks cool but seems the multi piece construction uses smaller that expected parts and is perhaps a show piece instead of intended for track abuse. What do the mx5 cup and freedom autosport / C J Wilson racing teams use?

http://www.moto-east.com/store/mazda/ra ... k-mx5.html
Last edited by jamaican_tuner on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyCatFilms

Post by HappyCatFilms »

jamaican_tuner wrote:I have the OEM tow hooks but have been looking at something I can leave in permanently.

Found these on saferacer but they are pricey and not sure if the thread pitch and diameter is correct and also the length seems too short.

http://www.saferacer.com/rennline-porsc ... oCwHPw_wcB
The linked one says it has a specific Porsche thread... likely will not work with the Miata.