Progress spring and sways and gwr exhaust questions

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jassi

Re: Progress spring and sways and gwr exhaust questions

Post by jassi »

Brian wrote:Note I also see in those product descriptions that we have a note about the Street header not fitting Australian Right Hand drive cars....because steering rod is in the way.
Brian - i know you said your street header does not fit rhd cars, but is the catted ppe an option then? Will that fit an rhd car easily as mentioned on your site and will it work with your catted mid-pipe, or does it come with a mid-pipe. I know its an odd comparison, but aside from the cat how would you compare the max power vs catted ppe?
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0895.html
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, catted PPE fits everything...expect only about half the gains as compared with Max Power Header.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jassi

Post by jassi »

Hey Brian - thanks for all the guidance. I've decided on the max power header and ordered the same along with cables and mid pipe from chris (mx5 parts) here locally vs on my US trip as the difference was under 150$ (given the Aussie dollar is doing bad). Now eagerly waiting for the shipment to arrive next week so that Chris can deliver the exhaust to me :D can't wait to have the headers n mid pipe to compliment the super-q :D
jassi

Post by jassi »

Hey Brian - are there any distinctive markings or engravings on your headers and midpipes (similar to the super-q tips engraved roadster sport). In my case, the headers n midpipe are being shipped directly to installer so I wanted to be able to confirm if he puts the right stuff onto my mx5. :wink:
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Pictures on the website are likely your best guide on that, only the muffler tips have 'RoadsterSport' engraved.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jassi

Post by jassi »

Hey Brian - my ceramic max power header and mid pipe got delivered yesterday directly to the installer. Wanted to confirm if there is any way to distinguish the ceramic coated headers from the stainless steel ones - the headers are engraved with a 'for off-road use only' message, is that the ceramic one?
Thanks for your guidance, will be getting the install done today :D
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

They all have that engraving. .I can see the difference even on my cell phone and looking at the Web store pics... but I see a lot of them...email me pics if you like.

The ceramic is bright and clean while the stainless looks rubbed down with steel wool (micro parallel scratch lines).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jassi

Post by jassi »

Thanks Brian - I will try and confirm the bright n clean look vs Micro parallel scratch lines. If not will get a pic before install. Also post install and use the ceramic will stay silver however the stainless will bronze n blue, correct?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes...stainless will immediately start to bronze and eventually blue. The ceramic will get a bit dull in time but won't blue.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jassi

Post by jassi »

Hey Brian - just wanted to let you know the max power headers and mid-pipe are on. Its got a nice response, beyond 3000 rpm or so from what I can tell. Also with the baffles in the super-q muffler, it sounds great, not too loud unless I accelerate really hard, and some very minor drone at 2500rpm on 5th. Without the baffles, it got loud and a bit tinny though, so I've opted to leave the baffles in. Overall quite satisfied with the end result. So thank you for all the guidance :D

PS - I have read varying results on an ecu tune helping get more out of the headers, some people claim it helps, some claiming none. What do you think, will the ECU just adapt, I remember you mentioning that on forums somewhere as well? Is it safe to leave the ECU as is till later?