difference in ride height driver: passenger in my NC miata

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
AlaaeldinismailH088

difference in ride height driver: passenger in my NC miata

Post by AlaaeldinismailH088 »

Hello
Before installing my coilovers in my 2008 NC Miata i noticed that the driver side sits 0.5 inches lower than the passenger side.
After the coilover installation, the difference still exists? Is that normal or is something wrong with my car?
My Bilstein coilovers comes with the height adjustment and spring preload combined into one. I assume that increasing the height in one corner will affect the stiffness in this particular corner. Am i right?

The most thing i care about is the performance at the track, not the look of the car? Any recommendations?

Thanks
Alaaeldin
Brian
Site Admin

Re: difference in ride height driver: passenger in my NC mia

Post by Brian »

Height variation normal....particularly when owner does not often have a passenger in the car, your weight on the driver's side will help it settle more.

Raising the height does not increase stiffness with your coilovers, at least to the point where you start putting more than normal preload on the springs, so you could certainly level the car if you want since height adjustment is part of what coilovers are all about. But don't confuse that with making your track performance better, if you corner balance the car on scales with your weight in the car, the likely result of that corner balance will still be a higher passenger front corner (read up some of the internet threads on corner balancing to better understand why).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AlaaeldinismailH088

Re: difference in ride height driver: passenger in my NC mia

Post by AlaaeldinismailH088 »

Thanks Brian :D