PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DYNO

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DY

Post by Brian »

SEMA SIGNIFICANT!

High Performance ND Differential Cover!
Higher capacity, cooling fins, connections for additional cooling, will feature on a racing boosted ND here soon!
Attachments
SEMA5.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Can new Supra go faster in Street Class trim than Miata at SCCA autocross? National champ at the wheel of the Supra, Toyota FACTORY effort, they came to play with paid handful of engineers and paid drivers!
Supra2.jpg
NDAutocross.jpg

RESULTS:
PAX.jpg
STRONG showing by new Supra...just not as fast as Good-Win Racing ND2 today. We got them by mere tenths. Toyota showed today they are serious with the new Supra, showing up with factory effort to autocross with engineers and hired hotshoes is not an every day thing, they had fresh RE71R but Jonathan Lugod as one driver said Supra still needs typical Street Class prep including front Sway Bar upgrade. Supra proved serious today, I was impressed how fast they got it today with minimal prep.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Red arrow to help someone understand why LRR X style brace doesn't fit the street cars, this stuff is not in the way on the stripped out race cars. Shown here is our RoadsterSport brace that fits with everything stock.
Attachments
ND-SHOCK tower Braces.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

First autocross practice of 2020 with our 2019 ND2. New location and new surface you can see under the car in this picture, going to take some time to figure it out. So far all I got today was that I need to overdrive the car on this high grip fresh surface because the tires squeal with the slightest provocation on this surface but that does not mean we are anywhere near the limits.
AutocrossND2020.jpg
Meanwhile Jon Lugod's ND2 was there newly converted to BSP spec with massive 295mm wide Hoosiers all around and it was another 2 seconds faster than everything. Lookout BSP, Jon be coming for you!
GripJon.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Wet day of autocross. Rain slowed enough for me to drop the top and not need the wipers for my runs but the surface was slick enough that I couldn't lay power where I wanted per the plan in my head from walking the course. I hate tip-toeing around the course, with some drying time could have dropped easily another second....but this was good enough for Top CS, Top Pax and Top Time of Day during the wet morning. Now in the afternoon it has stopped raining and sun has come out, I expect my time to be eclipsed as surface gets drier.

First time for me on the Yokohama A052 in the wet. I got the top rung of the ladder but next time will try RE71R in the rain. The RE71R has a much more progressive break-away in the wet, the A052 really gives no feedback until it snaps away.

Attachments
WetToday.jpg
PaxToday.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

A nice match for our new OSGIKEN finned high capacity differential housing ....is our high capacity aluminum engine pan for ND. Yummy pics! Well over a year in development, hope to have available to customers by later this Summer if final testing goes as hoped over the next few weeks. Don't yet have any idea on final price.
Attachments
ND-Engine-Oil-Pan.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

How much extra capacity with this oil pan?
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NathanD277 wrote:How much extra capacity with this oil pan?
Don't recall at this moment, but significantly more than stock.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
honestobob

Post by honestobob »

What is the latest on ND2 Superchargers?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

honestobob wrote:What is the latest on ND2 Superchargers?
No news.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com