CG-Lock in NC

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
HappyCatFilms

CG-Lock in NC

Post by HappyCatFilms »

Bought this CG-Lock from Good-Win to try as a step between the factory seatbelts and a full harness (where I'll probably end up eventually). Tried to install it today, but the clamping method to the seatbelt tang leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't line up with the thickness of the plastic overmold, and the clamp cants in such a way as not not actually grip the seatbelt tang at all. Slips off at the first tug no matter how much I can screw down the tiny little clamping screws.

Sure, I can still use the cam-lock feature on the actual seat belt, but it won't stay in position on the tang.

I did but the unit intended for the NC (2006-2015) for my 2009, but it just won't grip.

Short of grinding off the plastic overmold on the seatbelt tang, any suggestions?

Best,
- Rob.
"Street Legal, Track Capable"
2009 Copper Ragtop 5-speed. AEM intake, GordyM seat lowering, Hard Dog M3 Sport roll bar, TDR ECU reflash, AiM MXL, Enkei PF01 17" wheels with Hoosier tires for track days.
jamaican_tuner

Re: CG-Lock in NC

Post by jamaican_tuner »

I had the same issue fitting the CG-Lock. I called them and they suggested sharpening the teeth on the CG- Lock so when tightened it would take on a firmer bite.

I ended up switching to race seat / harnesses.
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

I had the same problem and thought of the same solution 6 years ago. I ground a groove in the plastic overmold for the CG tangs to fit into. It's just plastic so a Dremel type tool makes short work of it. Works fine for autox.
Reitrof

Post by Reitrof »

I just removed the clamp part, lower jaw?. Much easier to install and adjust
2008 PRHT Touring True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RSII, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers
Kenwood DNX7100, Nautilis Horn