New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by Brian »

Spiritual successor to my wife's 2012 PRHT, which was one of our most popular project Miatas of all time, this new ND RF is my wife's new daily driver. She has wanted another PRHT since that 2012 project was sold, she does regular long freeway drives to visit her folks and likes the more secure/quiet feeling of the hardtop for those 200+ mile drives. She blasted past me on the freeway in it on the way home and I asked her about that, she explained it is really quiet, easy to go fast!

Project parameters are very simple: Whatever the wife wants! With the 2012 this policy helped us develop a whole range of products that added fun without being 'too much." Or as I regularly joke, lots of fun mods that do NOT piss off the wife!

Happy Wife, Happy Life!
Attachments
RF Delivery.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by Brian »

New Good-Win Racing RF lowered with our Springs and showing off some Tungsten 17x8 6UL wheels with Toyo R1R 235/40 tires....which weighed in today at 2 pounds LESS at each corner than stock 17x7 and 205/45 Bridgestones. Also started her with our SuperQ single tip, our most mild RoadsterSport muffler. This new RF looks amazing, lower it just a little and with the right rolling stock it is getting compliments at every stoplight. I am teasing my wife about making the personal license plate say" "Married" after so many car guys were chatting her up in traffic today while I was following her home. Had just enough light in the day to make it down to the coast for the obligatory California Dreaming Twilight Pic!
Attachments
TungstenRF_HDRs.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Higher Definition Versions of the top shot...and full HDR version.
Attachments
RF-TungstenPOPHDR.jpg
RF-TungstenFull.jpg
RF-TungstenMedSize.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian,
That's very sweet looking!
And I'm not talking about the Mazda! :P I've always had a thing for red heads!
Looks like we are both very lucky guys!
Oh, nice looking Mazda too.

AZ
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Project RF is coming along nicely. Learning lots already. One thing we learned is that aggressive driving the RF on stock suspension results in it bouncing off the rear bumpstops far easier than we found with the soft top. With the soft top I usually did not find this in street driving, usually only in autocross was the soft top a mess as it did a great pogo-stick impression bouncing off the stops. The extra 120 pounds up high and rear in the RF is just enough that it hits the rear bumpstops noticeably earlier. We have decided to do set of Progress springs made just for RF to get the results right for those using stock shocks. Pics below, heights perfect and it looks and handles far better than stock already.
Attachments
TungstenRF1.jpg
TungstenRF1.jpg (77.23 KiB) Viewed 25354 times
RF-Tung8.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Wasn't a big fan of the RF when I first saw the show pictures, but man is it ever pretty in person! Really liking that color combo, especially with the Tungsten wheels!

Back when the 124 first came out, I was hooked on that one, but now that the RF is here, I think I like it even better then the 124. Decisions, decisions. :lol:

Or maybe the best of all worlds is to have one of each, like you folks there at GWR! :wink:

Only one question. Do you know if the folks at Blackbird are looking into the feasibility of additional roll protection, or does the top mechanism pretty much rule that out? And do you know if any sanctioning organizations will let an RF on track without an aftermarket rollbar?
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I do not see any space for real roll protection upgrade in the RF. My very strong suggestion is that anybody with track day plans get the soft top versions.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Another great shot...
Attachments
RF-TunS.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Loving how everything looks!

Quick question though: What's the status on compatibility with other ND parts? Are there any special considerations that should be taken when buying any powertrain mods, or is it all identical? I just received my RF LE over the weekend, and I'm looking to pick up some mods, but want to ensure everything fits first.

Keep up the great work!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

All our bolt-on exhausts fit RF. All our brakes too. Springs need to be different to get heights right with extra rear weight, and balance too. We have RF version of springs coming, already on the site for more info.

All our exhaust choices are a bit muted in the RF, some of the upper frequencies are filtered out by the sound insulation around the driver space and extra structures behind. I guess it should not have been much surprise from specs, but I didn't expect to notice it, and yet I do notice the difference. My favorite choices on RF so far are RoadsterSport Race, and SuperStreet Twin with Blocking Baffle installed (makes it same function/sound same as the Race). Otherwise the upper frequencies that can be so much fun in the soft top are not making it to the driver's space. Video below is SuperStreet TwinTip with blocking baffle installed to tip frequency mix to the upper range and duplicate sound mix of the Race.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com