New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NathanD277

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by NathanD277 »

Are these results with stock exhaust or some of your components?
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

As noted a page or two back, this is our RoadsterSport shorty header on here, MaxMidpipe first production sample (200 CPI 5 inch cat) and SuperQ Header version muffler. We found the header was good for 10 hp with the supercharger, so figure right about 200 hp even at the wheels without the header.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

I figured you still had the header and exhaust on it, but you like to tinker. Just double checking that nothing had changed.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

Is there an actual dyno plot with the car in 100% CARB legal form (latest CARB tune, stock exhaust)?
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Freescopesdad wrote:Is there an actual dyno plot with the car in 100% CARB legal form (latest CARB tune, stock exhaust)?
I would look at what is posted by several other vendors at Miata.net and now customers have posted there too in the last 3 weeks, most are showing 50 hp with the CARB setup (give or take depending on variables like brand of dyno, etc). This 'latest' tune is actually almost a month old, with Laguna and SEMA we have been super busy and I didn't have a chance to load it and get back to the dyno until this week. I figured we would play with the next step rather than do what everyone else has already done, and what I expect most non-CA customers will get to ...which is add the exhaust system. I am pleased to report the Edelbrock CARB tune has no issues with the header, works the same and logs equally stable. I have put the stock header back on the car a few times for wife's daily driving and will do so again and run that to the dyno once the updates from Edelbrock slow down.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

Thanks Brian. I'll look forward to that. A header is not in the cards, but the CARB SC setup certainly is.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NathanD277 wrote:I figured you still had the header and exhaust on it, but you like to tinker. Just double checking that nothing had changed.
Yep...you are correct as always that I cannot resist the temptation to keep up the tinker habit.

And with that in mind you might be surprised, or perhaps not, on what happens today!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Uh oh. I’ll keep my eyes open for an update.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

This RF Project is SO MUCH FUN....RF Perfection.

My 'job' today is thrash testing new MaxMidpipe over the worst of San Diego back country roads. In brief, toss the car around like a rag doll and make sure midpipe does not knock in the tunnel no matter how crazy I drive it....tough work day right? With the supercharger and our RF suspension springs and KONI shocks and RoadsterSport Sways and 17x8 Tungsten 6UL wheels and Toyo R1R 235/40 tires the entire package is just stupid fun to toss around...full hooligan mode when you want but ease off the throttle and cruise and it's still refined and 'wife approved' by my wife....love this car!
Attachments
RF-Perfection.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

On the dyno all morning. Tested Corksport intake with the supercharger to see if any gain could be found. No new chart to post because back to back with intake on, off, on....no change in power. Even taking the lid off the Corksport intake box made no difference. Thus, though currently lots of folks speculating about what comes next after install of the supercharger, intake does not appear to be a road worth traveling. Thus, our advice today is that we already showed a header gets you a good 10+ hp gain with the supercharger ....but skip the intakes.
Attachments
DynoRFintake.jpg
intakeTest.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com