New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by Brian »

Latest update on this project is trying the Fab9 tune. It is smoother with light throttle. Peak power seems down a bit as they are working on getting full timing advance but very light throttle is smoother than EB tunes. Did a longer freeway drive and cruise control (which was an issue for EB tunes) and that too is quite smooth.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

New adventure for wife's RF, took it to autocross today, won SCCA SSM Class!

Found the Achillies Heal, it's needs a limited slip for autocross. Amazingly, lack of it has not been an issue in street driving and even aggressive canyon driving. But Autocross is TIGHT, and our SE lot at the stadium is extra tight and I lost about 2 seconds with wheel spin. Tip toed to the win by avoiding brake use and carrying speed everywhere but ability to lay power was certainly compromised and will soon add a limited slip.

Purpose of taking the RF to Autocross today was to test RF version of our popular RoadsterSport springs. Springs did great.

Action shot by our own Calvin 'CJ' Ford
RFAutocross.jpg
Attachments
SuperchargedRFAutocross.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Because somebody asked if it is possible. Yes, 8ft surfboard in RF.
Attachments
surfRF3.jpg
SurfRF2.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

SCCA Autocross Day testing RF RS springs, 300 front/200 rear. Last event without limited slip, this event with factory limited slip. There were moments I regretted not doing an OSGIKEN in this car but given that this is my wife's daily driver and not built for competition the stock limited slip we added is effective enough for the mission of this car. Last event I had to tip toe around the course, frustration was constant. This time I was able to lay power out of tight turns much better. I still spun the tires, but this time it was both tires instead of just the inside wheel. Fun and faster and I could throttle rotate more effectively as needed. Balance of the springs continues to feel great in the RF, had the KONI shocks full stiff front. Started full stiff rear for KONI but oversteer was a bit much with the 200 hp supercharger and current sway bar settings (soft front, middle rear) so I backed it down half a turn and went faster, backed it another half a turn and went faster again with more effective rear hook up. Could have also got down and changed rear sway to soft to better match the front but didn't bring the tools and towel to get that done neatly at the event.
Attachments
RS-Test.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Another delivery of our Progress Springs and Sways!
Attachments
ProgressDelivery.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Freshly washed and showing off new Continental Tire, 225/45/17. I miss the fat look of the 235/40 Toyo R1R but these Continental tires ride so plush, perfect for the GT sport touring mission of this Supercharged RF project (wife's daily driver and our weekend get away toy).
Attachments
RF-CLEAN.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Always another new design idea to chase..... :D
Attachments
NDProto.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BillK336

Post by BillK336 »

Any thoughts on whether there will be a helical diff available for the ND?
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

BillK336 wrote:Any thoughts on whether there will be a helical diff available for the ND?

Cannot imagine much demand for gear unit, nice for street for the serious customers but 99.9% of street customers happy with stock limited slip. Those in competition usually want clutch pack setup like our OS GIKEN. We have the OSGIKEN limited added to our Race ND when we were running AVO turbo at 12PSI and 300 ft/lbs torque at the wheels....and it works perfect.

We sold the Quaife ATB Differential -QDF9F (gear unit) for NC for years, now they are not really in the USA anymore so I don't expect them to do ND setup and make it easily available here. IF you really want that, you might check with their overseas office to see if they have done ND version.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BillK336

Post by BillK336 »

Looks like Quaife still carries the NC part... wonder if that would fit the Fiata, given it's NC drivetrain heritage...
No ND part on their website.
I miss the smoothness of my ex NA's Torsen. My ND's ToFu clutch diff occasionally does a relatively abrupt lockup early in an assertive turn.
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...