New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
FredC747

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by FredC747 »

Imho I think a lot of people are blowing this slight surge issue way out of proportion. I didn't notice it at first given my driving style. After reading the thread, I had to intentionally go look for the specific pedal/throttle position that caused this issue. It seems to only happen if you keep on a particular throttle position in 2nd and 3rd (holding arund 3.3-3.4k rpm for an abnormally long time), which imho you normally would not stay very long in for almost all your driving, unless you were specifically looking for this issue. I had to go hunt for this problem...

That said, Edelbrock sent me an updated ROM this morning. Whatever slight surging there was, is completely gone now with the ROM they sent to me. I tried hammering to find it this morning for an hour, and wasn't able to reproduce it.
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

All that said, I guess it was a good thing that some folks complained as EB felt it was worth fixing.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

More Kits In Stock...

And installs daily here, another almost complete today!
Attachments
Einstall.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Update Dyno on Edelbrock Tune, best result to date for the Edelbrock tune that continues to improve and improve. Result is so close to our best custom that I cannot recommend custom at this point just for 4 hp more peak (essentially the same result) and Edelbrock's tune has the warranty.
Attachments
DynoRFCARBs.jpg
DynoRFCARB.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

And here is latest result for the RF over best stock for this particular ND, up over 60hp. I do have version of the calibration now that bumps redline back to stock 6500 rpms, this car was set lower during initial testing because it was one of the original Edelbrock installs, had not rushed to put that redline back to stock since power is dropping off in the last few hundred rpms anyway (fastest driving result as we proved at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and first SCCA win is driving the torque curve which is best 3000 to 6000 anyway).
Attachments
RFCARB6.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Are these results with stock exhaust or some of your components?
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

As noted a page or two back, this is our RoadsterSport shorty header on here, MaxMidpipe first production sample (200 CPI 5 inch cat) and SuperQ Header version muffler. We found the header was good for 10 hp with the supercharger, so figure right about 200 hp even at the wheels without the header.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

I figured you still had the header and exhaust on it, but you like to tinker. Just double checking that nothing had changed.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

Is there an actual dyno plot with the car in 100% CARB legal form (latest CARB tune, stock exhaust)?
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Freescopesdad wrote:Is there an actual dyno plot with the car in 100% CARB legal form (latest CARB tune, stock exhaust)?
I would look at what is posted by several other vendors at Miata.net and now customers have posted there too in the last 3 weeks, most are showing 50 hp with the CARB setup (give or take depending on variables like brand of dyno, etc). This 'latest' tune is actually almost a month old, with Laguna and SEMA we have been super busy and I didn't have a chance to load it and get back to the dyno until this week. I figured we would play with the next step rather than do what everyone else has already done, and what I expect most non-CA customers will get to ...which is add the exhaust system. I am pleased to report the Edelbrock CARB tune has no issues with the header, works the same and logs equally stable. I have put the stock header back on the car a few times for wife's daily driving and will do so again and run that to the dyno once the updates from Edelbrock slow down.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com