New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
mazdaracerchick

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by mazdaracerchick »

SOLO Supercharged Road Trip...

Post by Andi, AKA "the wife"!
AdventureRF1.jpg
My annual pilgrimage to meet my Mom and friends in Los Olivos near Santa Barbara, drove my RF again but supercharged this time and man what a difference the power makes!

Last year the drive was fun, this year the ride was freaking fantastic. No huge difference in basic driveability, not a pain in bumper to bumper through LA, but when I wanted to pass or make a move I had all the confidence I needed.

Tons of power charging up the mountain to get from Santa Barbara to Los Olivos on beautiful windy roads, tons of passing power, and I love the exhaust....sounds great top up to top down.

Definitely wife approved!!!

Unrelated news, that bit of trim is funny regulation stuff.
trim.jpg
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Project Supercharged RF Showing Off New Dekagram 17x8 RF
Attachments
DekaRF7s.jpg
DekaRF5s.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
avera01

Post by avera01 »

Hi Brian,

Just wondering how is the Wilwood 12.19” rotors holding up?

Any thoughts of going to your 12.88” rotors or the 6 pod calipers?

Andrew
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The 12.19 kit has worked out perfect, lots of mountain and fast canyon driving on it now and no issues, it was the perfect upgrade for the mission of this project as highspeed GT. Thus, no thoughts of going up to the 12.88 kit, it would be overkill.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
avera01

Post by avera01 »

On a follow up question, which pads are you using front and rear?

Thanks
Andrew
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Porterfield R4S Rear, Wilwood BP-20 front.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
avera01

Post by avera01 »

Thanks. I am looking to duplicate your brake setup with my GT.
The rears are stock pads, so is it a better match with the BP20 to change the rear pads to the R4S on the stock calipers?

Andrew
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I burned up her rear pads already testing in the mountains, but rear stock pads paired just fine with the BP20 fronts, this car has excellent bias control built in so that nothing needs be changed between cars coming with big Brembo calipers and those with standard calipers. I do like the feel of R4S as a replacement for stock pad that has a little more temp range but they will dust more than stock pad.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SteveB664

Post by SteveB664 »

Brian,

What are your settings soft to firm on the Koni’s in your project ND RF for street front and rear?

My local performance shop just installed Koni yellows in my GTRF with your short bump stops. I have progress sways and springs, upgraded end links, STB, 17x8 6UL’s. Pretty much duplicating your ND setup except for my progress sways versus the ND sways.

Still have quite a bit of bounce or frequency in the front end on some undulating roads after going one full turn front and back. Figure I should go to full firm and back off slightly until finding the right balance.

Appreciate any feedback. Full exhaust and supercharger are next on the list-:)

Steve
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I don't recall the settings at this moment, and over 1000 miles from the car this week. But indeed process is simple, start car full stiff all around, work one end of the car at a time and dial it softer and softer until you start to get that bound (under damped condition). Once you reach that bounce condition, go one click stiffer. Then do same at the other end of the car. No perfect answer, no object 'right', very much a subjective personal preference and other factors play in the mix like tire pressures and choice choice (the tire has a spring rate too that is a function of both PSI and construction).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com