V8R 11.75" FRONT Big Brake Kit

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Tonioo

V8R 11.75" FRONT Big Brake Kit

Post by Tonioo »

Hello all,

Did not find a subjet talking about this kit. I have a few questions because I think it would match my needs for my NC. I run RX7 FD wheels (16x8 ET50).

- Which pad shape is needed for the Dynapro ? I can't find the information on the website.
- Is there a big difference between Dynalite and Dynapro calipers ?
- Where can I find rotor rings for further replacements ?

Thank you
Brian
Site Admin

Re: V8R 11.75" FRONT Big Brake Kit

Post by Brian »

Doubt they would clear that wheel. I ran that wheel with my first Nc, nice light choice for street but proved slow for track and autocross compared to 17inch. But call and talk with our Ryan Passey for more detail on that kit.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Tonioo

Post by Tonioo »

Really ? I thought there was enough room for this kit but I may be wrong. It was a good idea to ask :wink:
Can you give me details about the 16', are they slower by less grip or too much weight ? Maybe I will think at 17'.

I found the rotor ring on the Wilwood site (HERE).
For the pad shape, the Dynapro is 7812
Ryan @ GWR

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

16x8 can be a good size, have known others to use that size with success but it comes down to the autocross course and whether that shorter gearing is a benefit or a hindrance on that particular course. Usually, the 9" wide 17" wheel ends up being faster, if for no other reason than for the wider tire you can fit on it.

Really hard to say if that brake kit will fit that factory wheel... at the end of the day that kit is only a quarter inch larger in diameter than the NC stock brakes at 11.5" but there are many other benefits to be had from the V8R kit. We don't have a factory RX7 wheel here to check out but shoot us an email and I can send you the brake template for this kit that you can print and test on your own wheel.
Tonioo

Post by Tonioo »

Ryan, thank you for your explanation. I understand that you mean simply that faster because wider tire isn't it ?
I currently run 225/45/16 Yoko AD08R on the RX7's wheels. I am not sure to get faster with 17' because I want to keep 8' wheel width and this tire isn't available in 225/40/17 (other sizes are too big diameters). So going back to 205/45/17 would be slower on track.

Regarding to the V8R BBK, I'll send you a mail to get the brake template. I can also post pics of the wheels to see clearance with stock calipers.